House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Angela Rayner and the sure start centres

Just watched a short video of  Angela Rayner  saying how Labour's sure start centres changed her life.

If a sure start centre works then you only need it for one generation? 
If they don't then they're just putting a sticking plaster over the problems of piss poor parenting.

I suspect banning the use of mobile phones for anything other than the telephone option for all parents of children under the age of 11 would be a good start.

1 hour ago, SarahBell said:

Just watched a short video of  Angela Rayner  saying how Labour's sure start centres changed her life.

If a sure start centre works then you only need it for one generation? 
If they don't then they're just putting a sticking plaster over the problems of piss poor parenting.

I suspect banning the use of mobile phones for anything other than the telephone option for all parents of children under the age of 11 would be a good start.

It's true, many parents are more interested with interacting with their phones than their with kids. But phones aren't the only thing that get in the way of parents interacting with their children. I'm not a teacher but I spend a fair amount of time in schools giving lessons, and often in the more challenging schools. It's not unusual at the end of a day for the poorest behaved children to be very reluctant to go home, as for once, a brief moment in time, they have had someone engaging with them.

Surestart centreswere broughtin to get kids away from dysfunctional parents.

They are there to help the kids.

If a surestartcentre help honourable boobs then she was using it to dump her kids in.

8 hours ago, spyguy said:

Surestart centreswere broughtin to get kids away from dysfunctional parents.

They are there to help the kids.

If a surestartcentre help honourable boobs then she was using it to dump her kids in.

I recall it was to help parents at the lower socio-economic level - who ignored it completely and was in fact fully exploited by middle-class parents to supplement Chloe's gymkhana and ballet and Sebastian's piano and rugger

It sounds like a classic one-eyed-***** Brown's brainf@rts but I can't be bothered to look it up - it had neulabour's fumbling mitts all over it though