Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Things that you don't say in your normal voice

Recommended Posts

I don't say Hugo often but when I do, it's in a sort of Janet Street Porter tone.

I'm with yow on Dudley, by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Do you want buy an elephant?

There's a video on liveleak this morning - won't post it here - of a Thai tourist bus that has hit an elephant in the night. The elephant is wrapped around the front of the bus dead. The driver is bloodied and trapped in his seat. Looks terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

One hundred and eighty (imitation of Tony Green)

Liverpool (scouse accent)

Birmingham, Dudley (brummie accent)

Erdington really gets Brummies' eyes rolling...heard it a million times before, but I can't help myself....also Smethwick and Bloxwich lend to a  black country or Brummie accent mimmicking..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ccc said:

Excuse me

Now that one goes under little things that annoy me. A rather impatient expression I think if you are blocking the gangway, for example,  and if said in an angry manner. Now me, I am too polite, I always seek an alternative route on another aisle or just wait. Beloved of middle aged women I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

There's a video on liveleak this morning - won't post it here - of a Thai tourist bus that has hit an elephant in the night. The elephant is wrapped around the front of the bus dead. The driver is bloodied and trapped in his seat. Looks terrible.

Do you want to buy some Ivory?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zummerset.

Antici        pation.

I also remember the pop band in the 80's that did a cover of "the lion sleeps tonight" - that was always Tight Fit with a hard T ending both words, and the pronunciation has stayed with me.   However, I'm sadly older now and don't have so much cause say it any more...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

One hundred and eighty (imitation of Tony Green)

Liverpool (scouse accent)

Birmingham, Dudley (brummie accent)

'I have no great hopes of Birmingham.  There is something direful in the sound.' 

(Jane Austen, (Emma (IIRC) 

i have always felt much the same about Surbiton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

Now that one goes under little things that annoy me. A rather impatient expression I think if you are blocking the gangway, for example,  and if said in an angry manner. Now me, I am too polite, I always seek an alternative route on another aisle or just wait. Beloved of middle aged women I think.

'It's alright I can't smell nothing love' is always my stock response to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

 

You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off..!!!

 

XYY 

That's my accent you winnet!B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • The Prime Minister stated that there were three Brexit options available to the UK:   62 members have voted

    1. 1. Which of the Prime Minister's options would you choose?


      • Leave with the negotiated deal
      • Remain
      • Leave with no deal

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.