House Price Crash Forum

Serve smaller portions government tells restaurants.

Bruce Banner

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
14 minutes ago, Errol said:

I for one welcome the lower prices which will naturally follow from restaurants using smaller quantities of product.

Indeed.

The local press ran a story a couple of weeks ago about how high in calories some chain restaurants' breakfasts can be with Wetherspoons' big breakfast winning on 1700 calories.

Which reminded me of a friend's widower father who most days of the week had one of these just before noon most days and this was all he ate all day. Great value for him, and only bad for you if you go on to have two other big meals as well.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
48 minutes ago, Errol said:

I for one welcome the lower prices which will naturally follow from restaurants using smaller quantities of product.

:lol: :lol: :lol:  they will charge more as some kind of boutique fad. 

Was in a posh, shabby chic boutique cafe yesterday. Funny enough the portions were too big. Bagged up the excess and the dog loved it on the way home.

Just because the potion is too large, doesn't mean it had to be eaten there and then. My fave is the curry takeout on a Friday or Saturday. Tho much to eat but makes for a fantastic meal the next day. Probably better as the flavours have had time to develop 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Why not sponsor an information campaign instead.  Drive a change in behaviour rather than this statist intervention.

'You know what -- post war rationing has now stopped.  Feel free to only eat what you want on the plate and leave the rest behind.  Don't feel compelled to eat up everything, like some gluttonous pig(tm).'

The campaign can be based around a film showing a series of healthy people looking satiated pushing an unfinished plate away, then cut to some fat pigs engorging themselves at a trough.

HOLA4415
25 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

You sure can.

porzioni-ridotte-nouvelle-cuisine-1300x8

A Spoon's big breakfast will set you up alright for 8 hours sitting at a computer terminal?:o

HOLA4416
2 minutes ago, dgul said:

Why not sponsor an information campaign instead.  Drive a change in behaviour rather than this statist intervention.

'You know what -- post war rationing has now stopped.  Feel free to only eat what you want on the plate and leave the rest behind.  Don't feel compelled to eat up everything, like some gluttonous pig(tm).'

The campaign can be based around a film showing a series of healthy people looking satiated pushing an unfinished plate away, then cut to some fat pigs engorging themselves at a trough.

I find that approach equally annoying, why can't they just stop trying to intrude in every aspect of our lives. 

Most people are capable of looking up what the medical profession's advice is this week if they want to know.

HOLA4417
9 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

I find that approach equally annoying, why can't they just stop trying to intrude in every aspect of our lives. 

Most people are capable of looking up what the medical profession's advice is this week if they want to know.

Tough. It's my information campaign and you'll have to watch it whether you like it or not -- for the refusants we'd have to arrange some sort of 'clockwork orange' type contraption to enforce it.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

They should keep their advice to themselves - after all next week they'll be contradicting it again.

A lot of that stuff is just to get people imagining a plate full of fish and chips etc etc and rushing out to get a serving.

Don't fall for they've got people's best interests and health at heart line - house prices alone disprove that line.

HOLA4423
On 2016-09-30 at 0:03 PM, Bruce Banner said:

And hopefully then do the opposite, because the medical profession is usually utterly clueless.

High-carb, low-fat diets have probably killed more people than Stalin. Maybe not Mao.

HOLA4424
On 30/09/2016 at 7:03 PM, Bruce Banner said:

Amen. Eat what you damned well feel like and if you end up fat that's your problem, no-one else's. Sure, I'm could stand to lose a stone (or more), but that's up to me, no-one else, and up to me to deal with the consequences.

HOLA4425

Archived