House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
apom

Rightmove, Drop In Devon?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/devon/4617622.stm

and this means I should be excited, or worried if I were a home owner..

these figures mean nothing.

I have been charting price drops and watching properties not selling for way over a year..

4%?

Next month all they need to do is have less cheap houses and more expensive houses..

and prices will be back up..

As soon as the BBC stop posting tosh like this and let the crash carry on..

all will be lovely.

what I mean by this is that the BBC need to spend longer actually looking at the market, not at statistics published each month..

It confuses the issue and the market is not so volitile as they indicate with statistics such as this.

The housing market cannot turn on a dime.. up and down.

It is faltering now and heading down.

That is clear and cannot be argued.

Edited by apom

For my own nafarious reasons I am watching parts of Devon very closely, and I am seeing VERY INTERESTING THINGS. :D

Are you perhaps seeing massive new developments priced above anything that any more then a small fraction of people can afford.?

Massive drops against new builds..?

massive drops against new builds..?

(worth saying twice)

the fact that everyone you speak to who does not own is expecting prices to drop?

the length of time properties are staying on the market.?

Properties being withdrawn, after never selling..

The fact that only those up to their eyes in love with their "Equity" or up to their eyes in debt will even talk up the market..

The fact that there are too many homes for the buyers..

and that would be whatever the price was

Edited by apom

apom

Agree 100%, been looking in mid Devon for last 6 months and everything is a one way bet. So I am holding back.

But, did you see yesterdays western morning news MAIN HEADLINE – (I did post on HPC), “NEW GROWTH IN HOMES MARKET” on the day they have their property section (strange), twice the thickness of the newspaper itself.

SNIP

But estate agents predict that 2006 will once again see healthy rises. A host of optimistic predictions are made in the latest survey by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, published this week.”

See a lot of “NEW LISTED or FIRST LISTING” but recycled from last year !!!!!

Again some of these people, like the BBC should do their homework.

And yes, I did send an email to the editor saying the headline should be bad news for local FTB’s and told him to do their homework first before publishing such “misleading information” (that being polite.)

apom

Agree 100%, been looking in mid Devon for last 6 months and everything is a one way bet. So I am holding back.

But, did you see yesterdays western morning news MAIN HEADLINE – (I did post on HPC), “NEW GROWTH IN HOMES MARKET” on the day they have their property section (strange), twice the thickness of the newspaper itself.

SNIP

But estate agents predict that 2006 will once again see healthy rises. A host of optimistic predictions are made in the latest survey by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, published this week.”

See a lot of “NEW LISTED or FIRST LISTING” but recycled from last year !!!!!

Again some of these people, like the BBC should do their homework.

And yes, I did send an email to the editor saying the headline should be bad news for local FTB’s and told him to do their homework first before publishing such “misleading information” (that being polite.)

I have been in regular contact with the BBC over their news reporting for a while.

and it disgusts me.

they are up to something.. and it does not have much relation to either the truth or the best interests of its viewers