House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

humdrum

jeremy Corbyn to back unlimited EU immigration

I've got some bad news for those worried about immigration on house prices.

It looks like they got to him - I heard him speak on R4 this morning. He speaks in a well measured tone. He is now part of the establishment.

More immigration get's us off the hook on QE, and borrowing. We can borrow more because there are more people. More consumers, more borrowers, and more heads to borrow on. More more more!

5 hours ago, Shaneyson said:

Why does controlling immigration seem to be the unthinkable thought in the Labour party

Because most immigrants, particularly non-Westerners, vote for 'free stuff' at the expense of the native population.

They're following Bertolt Brecht's advice, and electing a new people.

12 hours ago, 200p said:

It looks like they got to him - I heard him speak on R4 this morning. He speaks in a well measured tone. He is now part of the establishment.

More immigration get's us off the hook on QE, and borrowing. We can borrow more because there are more people. More consumers, more borrowers, and more heads to borrow on. More more more!

He's guaranteed Labour have no support now outside of London.   The problems caused by unlimited immigration are only getting worse by the day.  Time is Corbyn's enemy - everyday he's drifting away from his core supporters, and come 2020, the UK will have added another 1.2M net immigrants to the UK (on top of an already huge number), and Corbyn will be smiling and saying unlimited immigration is fantastic, because our economy is down the toilet, therefore we need more immigrants to lift us out of the mire (Corbyn doublethink).  At least he's a hero in Islington. 

Watched some of the conference on the news. They seem to have ignored people's concerns and why they voted Brexit.

Abbot is wrong though. People just want more english spoken on the streets. Doesn't matter what colour you are or where you're from but it's really disconcerting to spend an hour in a town centre and not hear a word of english spoken. 

One of the best integration speeches was by Myleene Klass who said her parents were both migrants to the UK but they had to learn English so they could live properly - and that failure to learn English is divisive.

When did we first publish benefit forms in other languages? And more to the point why?

23 hours ago, 200p said:

they do not let you off the hook when it comes to supply of strategic resources.

house prices is so last century.a few years from now it's all about food prices.

even more of a basic necessity than shelter.

11 hours ago, SarahBell said:

Watched some of the conference on the news. They seem to have ignored people's concerns and why they voted Brexit.

Abbot is wrong though. People just want more english spoken on the streets. Doesn't matter what colour you are or where you're from but it's really disconcerting to spend an hour in a town centre and not hear a word of english spoken. 

One of the best integration speeches was by Myleene Klass who said her parents were both migrants to the UK but they had to learn English so they could live properly - and that failure to learn English is divisive.

When did we first publish benefit forms in other languages? And more to the point why?

This.

i live in a rural Scottish town and have never heard any of the polish residents speak English when I pass a pair or group of them on the street. Same in shop queues, they speak in polish and don't utter a word in English to the shop assistant. Around here from what I've seen they don't want to integrate.

A local factory offered polish lessons for English speakers. I've heard they didn't get anyone signing up which is unsurprising.

Benefit forms have been other languages for years. I strongly disagree with this. 

In some parallel dimension, if all was equal, except, If we went back in time, and the population was 20m less, and there was no desire for people to come to Britain, and the population was the same size each year. What if the 2008 crash never happened, so that interest rates would be "normal". Banks would therefore be "happy", and businesses make money "normally", so there would be no drive to increase corporate profits each year by increasing the number of customers etc.

What would life be like?

Schools, NHS, quality of life, traffic? House prices Etc?

1 hour ago, 200p said:

What would life be like?

Great. Which is precisely why the politicians wouldn't let it happen.

3 hours ago, 200p said:

In some parallel dimension, if all was equal, except, If we went back in time, and the population was 20m less, and there was no desire for people to come to Britain, and the population was the same size each year. What if the 2008 crash never happened, so that interest rates would be "normal". Banks would therefore be "happy", and businesses make money "normally", so there would be no drive to increase corporate profits each year by increasing the number of customers etc.

What would life be like?

Schools, NHS, quality of life, traffic? House prices Etc?

It would be of a high quality. 

But it's not just that we have 20M more people and nearly 8 years of ZIRP - it's that so many people want MOAR and MOAR immigration. They want MOAR welfare dependents.  They want more densely packed cities and roads.  They want everybody under 45 in 2016....renting for life. 

I long lost the will to work out the motives.  They just seem to want people to be more miserable than happy.

11 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

This.

i live in a rural Scottish town and have never heard any of the polish residents speak English when I pass a pair or group of them on the street. Same in shop queues, they speak in polish and don't utter a word in English to the shop assistant. Around here from what I've seen they don't want to integrate.

A local factory offered polish lessons for English speakers. I've heard they didn't get anyone signing up which is unsurprising.

Benefit forms have been other languages for years. I strongly disagree with this. 

I still have the Polish / English language books that my Dad bought when he came to the UK in 1940. Never had any interest in teaching me Polish. Which was good but, then again, I could now have a wonderfully paid and pensioned public sector job I had learnt it.

23 hours ago, canbuywontbuy said:

He's guaranteed Labour have no support now outside of London.   The problems caused by unlimited immigration are only getting worse by the day.  Time is Corbyn's enemy - everyday he's drifting away from his core supporters, and come 2020, the UK will have added another 1.2M net immigrants to the UK (on top of an already huge number), and Corbyn will be smiling and saying unlimited immigration is fantastic, because our economy is down the toilet, therefore we need more immigrants to lift us out of the mire (Corbyn doublethink).  At least he's a hero in Islington. 

There are plenty of Labour seats outside of London that are dependant on the immigrant vote. Central Bradford famously voted Galloway/Respect in as MP because he was the more Islam friendly candidate. Lab learned the lesson and now field candidates with the 'correct' views on 'Palestine' and other hot button issues for Muslims.

I read in the run up to the GE that something like 45 Lab seats depended on that vote - either as holding the balance, or being a majority in certain seats. This is becase they tend to overwhelm inner city areas, e.g. Darnall in Sheffield, or large chunks of places like Manchester, or Leicester.

In terms of political power on the ground, 'Islam' is comparable with the SNP, and much more powerful than UKIP. Lab already dance to its tune.

23 hours ago, SarahBell said:

This might strange coming from me, but what do people expect? In Northampton, it never bothered me that I heard people speaking EE languages.  It was just the sheer number of people from EE that I found worrying.  To be honest, if I were from Poland and lived in the UK, I'd probably gravitate toward other Polish people and why would we speak English together, especially if we've only been in the UK for a year or two? Of course, I'd expect them to speak English when addressing other people, and in general I find EE immigrants to be very good English speakers.   Maybe it's just my experience, but language seems more of a minor issue compared to sheer numbers of people and the problem that brings to services.  I'd be just as concerned as if for some reason, loads of people from Leicester decided to move to Northampton and that impacted negatively on services.  Not about the people or where they're from, just the number of people. 

1 minute ago, canbuywontbuy said:

This might strange coming from me, but what do people expect? In Northampton, it never bothered me that I heard people speaking EE languages.  It was just the sheer number of people from EE that I found worrying.  To be honest, if I were from Poland and lived in the UK, I'd probably gravitate toward other Polish people and why would we speak English together, especially if we've only been in the UK for a year or two? Of course, I'd expect them to speak English when addressing other people, and in general I find EE immigrants to be very good English speakers.   Maybe it's just my experience, but language seems more of a minor issue compared to sheer numbers of people and the problem that brings to services.  I'd be just as concerned as if for some reason, loads of people from Leicester decided to move to Northampton and that impacted negatively on services.  Not about the people or where they're from, just the number of people. 

Im ok withnon english language. its the fcking inwork benefit bill that fcksme off.

Gordies voteforme slush fund dxtending to EE ffs!

1 hour ago, canbuywontbuy said:

Up to a point, but I'd still rather not hear and see it commonly. Before anyone attacks me for that (not too likely on here but you never know) I find it equally depressing to visit another country and find myself in a place that's pretty much entirely British. The occasional difference has the opposite effect, that's great.

Indeed. I feel sorry for places in Spain that were wee fishing villages a few decades ago - that are now 90% Brits. It's not an 'us against them' argument IMO.

Its just a general common sense debate.

So Corbyn is effectively a Blairite (and Cameronite) and any policies apparently not Blairite could reverse just like that.   

Just another cog in the LibLabCon putting on an act in Parliament etc.

The recent leadership election for the Labour party was just another farce.

19 hours ago, billybong said:

So Corbyn is effectively a Blairite (and Cameronite) and any policies apparently not Blairite could reverse just like that.   

Just another cog in the LibLabCon putting on an act in Parliament etc.

The recent leadership election for the Labour party was just another farce.

He's just another pro-establishment, big business loving neo-liberal.  Mass uncontrolled immigration is for the big corporates.