House Price Crash Forum
crash2006

Deutsche Bank kaput yet?

Despite the public talk of no bailouts, you can be sure that behind the scenes whopping amounts of Euros are being poured into the burning wreck in the hope of extinguishing the fire through smothering it with money/liquidity.

They won't want to allow the bank to go bust - total disaster if it happens.  It's another case of doing 'whatever it takes' to save a 'too big to fail' bankster mob.

You have to laugh though, despite the precarious state of DB the yanks are sticking the knife in and twisting it, whilst almost totally ignoring the criminality in their own corrupt banking system and the likely consequences to global banking of having it go pop.  Also set to give Volkswagen a proper pasting too, for good measure.

Germany not looking at all good, what with the million plus foreigners of unknown provenance that Merkel has invited in and now has to support and control.  'Wir schaffen Das' indeed   :lol:

Germany denies preparing to rescue Deutsche Bank

FRANKFURT The German government denied that it was working on a rescue of Deutsche Bank after a newspaper report about such plans fuelled fears over the future of the biggest lender in Europe's largest economy.

Well we are in full scale denial mode now!

7 hours ago, interestrateripoff said:

Germany denies preparing to rescue Deutsche Bank

FRANKFURT The German government denied that it was working on a rescue of Deutsche Bank after a newspaper report about such plans fuelled fears over the future of the biggest lender in Europe's largest economy.

Well we are in full scale denial mode now!

''Germany denies PREPARING to rescue DB'' ... will be an entirely accurate statement, they aren't preparing to rescue DB, they undoubtedly already are rescuing them behind the scenes.

On 9/28/2016 at 2:18 PM, crash2006 said:

Just wondering when it going tits up, and how Italian government would feel if the Germany state bails them out this week or allows them to go to the wall.

Why should they care?

Monte Paschi was bailed out privately in the end, if an stinking rotten Italian bank can attract private money, then I think it's safe to assume that DB can be rescued privately too (assuming it even needs rescuing). 

12 minutes ago, NuBrit said:

Why should they care?

Monte Paschi was bailed out privately in the end, if an stinking rotten Italian bank can attract private money, then I think it's safe to assume that DB can be rescued privately too (assuming it even needs rescuing). 

Not sure that is true, as far as I know the raising of private money is still ongoing (the following link suggests not too successfully)

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSI6N1BK00V

30 minutes ago, NuBrit said:

They will figure out the terms, 95% certain public money won't be required.

But the investors buying will be using the QE money gifted to them that the public has to support.....

It's deja vu all over again!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-29/some-deutsche-bank-clients-said-to-reduce-collateral-on-trades\

A number of funds that clear derivatives trades with Deutsche Bank AG have withdrawn some excess cash and positions held at the lender, a sign of counterparties’ mounting concerns about doing business with Europe’s largest investment bank.

1 hour ago, durhamborn said:

I reckon Italy is the one to watch and will be what destroys the Euro.Their banks rolling over might cause a huge mess with DB as well of course.

qItalian banks are relatively small but fcked. And theyll take the retail sector down with. The number of It housedholds who hold not very senior bonds is shocking.

Geramys is bigger. Theres an unknown exposure to derivatives. Plus bad lending abroad.

Can someone remind me why the financial sector should have been treated so lightly. 

Turn the lot into low yielding utilities.

Financial shares erased gains and tumbled

“There’s some problems in the financial industry now,” Brian Frank, portfolio manager at Key Biscayne, Florida-based Frank Capital Partners LLC, said by phone. “There’s no fear and no volatility in the stock market so something like Deutsche Bank could make people say, maybe we shouldn’t be trading at such high valuations. It doesn’t make it easier for U.S. banks, especially with what’s going on with Wells Fargo.”

-1x-1.png

Wall Street’s ‘fear gauge’ jumps the most in 3 weeks on Deutsche Bank worry

Fear on Wall Street jumped.

The commonly used gauge of market concerns, the CBOE Volatility Index VIX, +12.91% was up about 26% at 15.58 on Thursday—marking its largest daily rise since Sept. 9, according to FactSet data.

The VIX—and products based on the index—are used by traders to track and bet on the prospect of gyrations in the S&P 500. Thursday’s moves appeared to be precipitated by elevated concerns about Deutsche Bank after a Bloomberg News report said a group of hedge funds decreased their exposure to the largest German bank.

MW-CW856_fear_1_20141018124535_ZH.jpg?uu

Edited by rollover

How cool would it be if you had spare cash, hire a large number of "film extras" to create a massive queue snaking round outside a big DB retail, they would each go up to a counter and do some time-consuming transaction like "I am interested in opening an account with these 5 euros here". The optics of that lol

Derivatives exposure is well documented and if what is publicly reported (I don't work in derivatives ) it is pretty scary. In my mind, whilst bleeding from that, the handling of the fine has been pretty inept! 

The DB fine is interesting, it strikes me as revenge for the Apple, Amazon and Google fines/treatment. Never the less, I believe DB can raise 15-30 billion in a share issue. Any excess can be purchased by the Bundersbank and it won't fall foul of state aid rules (bizarrely). Anything short of that will result in a 2008 grade crunch.

1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

How cool would it be if you had spare cash, hire a large number of "film extras" to create a massive queue snaking round outside a big DB retail, they would each go up to a counter and do some time-consuming transaction like "I am interested in opening an account with these 5 euros here". The optics of that lol

Thats got to be the best idea i've heard in a long time.

Can someone photoshop a queue of people outside a branch and tweet it?

Maybe just change the NR sign to a DB sign.

northern-rock-007.jpg