House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Inequality without discrimination - male models

The world's highest paid female model, Gisele Bundchen, made $44m (around £34m) last year, according to Forbes.

When the company last compiled data on male models in 2013, it found the highest paid was Sean O'Pry, who made $1.5m (£1.15m).

"The top 10 female models all make millions. Only the top three male models make over a million," says Elizabeth.

She says she'll re-negotiate a model's fee if she feels they are being discriminated against.

This is simple economics surely; there's a lot more money to be made by companies in women's fashion than men's so the people who give it an advantage (the models) get paid more.  I am fine with this.

It's the corollary of men's footbal versus women's football.  There is a vast amount more money to be made by clubs in men's football so Wayne Rooney gets paid £15m a year whilst the best English women's footballer gets maybe £80k.

There is also envy with these two roles because these are both dead easy jobs which are wildly overpaid for what they involve but they do require bucketloads of natural talent.  And there is a "gender pay gap" because of, as I opened with, simple economics.  Maybe Wayne Rooney these days isn't the best example but when he was ten years younger he was the best striker in the world.

The whole Wimbledon equal prize money long-running saga would have been easily solved if you could have unpacked the rights and sold the men's and women's rights separately.  If they fetch the same then the prize money is the same.  If they don't then it isn't. Simple.  All the arguments about fairness and the men playing five sets would have been irrelevant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37456449/top-modelling-agent-says-male-models-suffer-big-pay-gap-compared-to-women

29 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

This is simple economics surely; there's a lot more money to be made by companies in women's fashion than men's so the people who give it an advantage (the models) get paid more.  I am fine with this.

I agree. Sadly, no matter how many times you say it the crazed feminazis will never agree.

Lots of players in the English womens league get a fortune apparently. Teams like Man City ladies pay them crazy money to even out things in the whole FIFA fair play nonsense.

Do women make a show of sisterhood, and turn out to support women's football matches, in the same numbers that men turn out to men's football matches?

I'd bet that more women watch men's football than watch women's football.

Women's football is, by and large, rubbish. At least compared to Men's football.

I don't see this changing as it is mostly a matter of biology (linked to the inherent power and pace in the male version of the game).

Tennis is the same. The male version will always be better and in more demand.

On 28/09/2016 at 6:32 PM, happy_renting said:

Do women make a show of sisterhood, and turn out to support women's football matches, in the same numbers that men turn out to men's football matches?

I'd bet that more women watch men's football than watch women's football.

and vice versa, if there's any talent worth watching.

blind people invigilating ladies tennis is also a good shout!

whenever I fall asleep watching it,I always end up with a hardon from the audio:lol: