House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Cavey

New format-last read post

Perhaps I'm missing something, but this new mobile format does not appear to jump to the last read post in an existing thread.

Other than jumping to the last page, does this mean I have to read all pages of of islamification of old slapper birds every time?

4 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Press an unlabelled little dot. What obvious user interface design.

It's always worked like that on the PC. When you hover over it you get a tooltip saying go to last unread post.

17 minutes ago, Reebo said:

It's always worked like that on the PC. When you hover over it you get a tooltip saying go to last unread post.

That's all well and good for something that actually looks like it does something and not just part of the general decoration. Very bad design.

12 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Tool tip text doesn't work on mobile devices, no matter how close I hover my finger over the screen. :D

So it's got various little bits and bobs (like sliders instead of checkboxes) that seem designed for mobiles and yet other bits don't work at all on mobiles.

Afraid that's a new pic I decided to upload myself - nothing to do with this new skin !!

1 hour ago, mattydread said:

I see ccc has his avatar burd back & the 'Islamic Euro' thread has been trimmed by 300 pages

I don't think threads have been trimmed, rather that there's more posts per page.

4 hours ago, Riedquat said:

That's all well and good for something that actually looks like it does something and not just part of the general decoration. Very bad design.

I guess you have a good point. I have been hanging about on forums since the late 90's so it's 2nd nature to use the dots and stars, and mobile devices weren't around back then :)

59 minutes ago, Reebo said:

I guess you have a good point. I have been hanging about on forums since the late 90's so it's 2nd nature to use the dots and stars, and mobile devices weren't around back then :)

I've been using them for ages too and never realised they were ever anything more than indications of whether I've posted in a thread or not.