shindigger

HOLA441
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
3 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Oooh, I got a notification that you'd replied to me. If we're going to go all Facebook about it I'm going to have to start posting pictures of all my meals and driving around the block with Map My Run switched on so I can show you all how fit I am and what a wonderful life I lead.

I liked the old skin. I didn't feel I had to impress anybody with that one.

This is why I'm not on Facebook and have no idea what you're talking about. :P / ;)

I'm finding the whole thing both visually awkward (the text size and location on the page does not make for easy reading, neither does the sheer volume of empty white space) and organisationally awkward as two of the three main areas I used to browse the forum from were new topics (gone) and my content (gone).

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

The star/circle next to the thread title does indeed take me to my last position, so a thousand thanks to those who advised me about that. :)

Text size is slightly bigger than before on my iPad (and I can now zoom in), but it's smaller on my Android phone (even though I already use the setting in Chrome for much larger text).

Other than that, just need the speed to be back to the same level as before.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Neverwhere said:

This is why I'm not on Facebook and have no idea what you're talking about. :P / ;)

I'm finding the whole thing both visually awkward (the text size and location on the page does not make for easy reading, neither does the sheer volume of empty white space) and organisationally awkward as two of the three main areas I used to browse the forum from were new topics (gone) and my content (gone).

Yes, far too much white space. It actually hurts my eyes.

HOLA4415
2 minutes ago, Errol said:

Yes, far too much white space. It actually hurts my eyes.

I'm betting it probably looks okay on a tablet or other relatively small screened device but on anything with a reasonably sized widescreen the amount of bright white space is, I agree, uncomfortable; as is the fact that the text now stretches so far from one side of the screen to the other that it's awkward to read.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
5 minutes ago, Neverwhere said:

I'm betting it probably looks okay on a tablet or other relatively small screened device but on anything with a reasonably sized widescreen the amount of bright white space is, I agree, uncomfortable; as is the fact that the text now stretches so far from one side of the screen to the other that it's awkward to read.

Looking at it on tab!et now, looks OK. On PC earlier, bloody awful. I guess most users are on tabs now, hence the change. Perhaps they stopped supporting the desktop version, cheaper..

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
9 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

Looking at it on tab!et now, looks OK. On PC earlier, bloody awful. I guess most users are on tabs now, hence the change. Perhaps they stopped supporting the desktop version, cheaper..

Thanks for the confirmation. I would be surprised if most users of this site were on tablets most of the time that they access it, but I could be wrong about that.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I don't know if its just me, but I'm using Chrome.  Even when I put in the same same username and password as I did before the change, it doesn't like my "display name".  I change my password to the existing password, and it logs me in.  After a while, it logs me out, and I have to go round the rigmarole all over again...

HOLA4424

Is there still a way to "view new content" which will just show all thread titles which have been posted on since one last visited? That was the way I read the old forum. There is now too much content to scroll through to pick out the interesting threads, as it lists all individual posts as new activity.

HOLA4425
14 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

Is there still a way to "view new content" which will just show all thread titles which have been posted on since one last visited? That was the way I read the old forum. There is now too much content to scroll through to pick out the interesting threads, as it lists all individual posts as new activity.

Yeah, I'm missing that.  If you go to the activity tab, top left, it kinda does something like, but not quite the same 

Archived