House Price Crash Forum

More Boomer Landlord Angst

Si1

HOLA441

Sue Ayre, 56, advertised her cottage in Cyprus on the website for two years but has now withdrawn it. She said: Its a total disaster enquiries and bookings have fallen off a cliff.

'This is nothing more than a device to earn more money for the company. Its effectively hidden from guests who have to click through boxes to find out it is added to the price.

Daily Mail: Holiday rental firm Owners Direct faces fury from customers after adding a £299 'hidden fee' to bills. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-3806007/Holiday-rental-firm-Owners-Direct-faces-fury-customers-adding-299-hidden-fee-bills.html

HOLA442

Sue Ayre, 56, advertised her cottage in Cyprus on the website for two years but has now withdrawn it. She said: Its a total disaster enquiries and bookings have fallen off a cliff.

'This is nothing more than a device to earn more money for the company. Its effectively hidden from guests who have to click through boxes to find out it is added to the price.

Daily Mail: Holiday rental firm Owners Direct faces fury from customers after adding a £299 'hidden fee' to bills. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-3806007/Holiday-rental-firm-Owners-Direct-faces-fury-customers-adding-299-hidden-fee-bills.html

Wait until they find out what Brexit is going to do to the value of their overseas "investment portfolio".

I was chatting to my electrician a few weeks ago and he was telling me he was leaving the trade soon to go and live full time in Tenerife where he has bought up 5 rental properties over the past decade. I said he must be annoyed about the Brexit result then and he looked puzzled and asked what I meant - so I said who knows what the rules will be about people being able to own property in the EU, rights to medical care etc. He'd voted remain but he had no idea that was even a possibility. I lied and said I was sure it would all be sorted out and would pretty much stay the same.

HOLA443

Wait until they find out what Brexit is going to do to the value of their overseas "investment portfolio".

I was chatting to my electrician a few weeks ago and he was telling me he was leaving the trade soon to go and live full time in Tenerife where he has bought up 5 rental properties over the past decade. I said he must be annoyed about the Brexit result then and he looked puzzled and asked what I meant - so I said who knows what the rules will be about people being able to own property in the EU, rights to medical care etc. He'd voted remain but he had no idea that was even a possibility. I lied and said I was sure it would all be sorted out and would pretty much stay the same.

Brexit will do nothing to his right to own property in Spain.

Did you also tell him we'll all be needing holiday visas as well?

HOLA444

The Canaries have some special EU exemptions as things currently stand. Could get very complicated...

HOLA445

Medical care would be the big one when it comes to retiring abroad - most likely a show-stopper if you can't get reciprocal cover, as no one is going to start insuring a pensioner. I don't see reciprocal cover being part of any "hard Brexit" solution, so it is going to be game over for those pensioner ghettos on the Costas.

HOLA446

Medical care would be the big one when it comes to retiring abroad - most likely a show-stopper if you can't get reciprocal cover, as no one is going to start insuring a pensioner. I don't see reciprocal cover being part of any "hard Brexit" solution, so it is going to be game over for those pensioner ghettos on the Costas.

Lets hope so, would be delicious.

HOLA447
HOLA448