House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Death Of The Billboard

Walked by a billboard site today.

A big change leapt out at me.

All 3 boards were for small local businesses hairdressers, accountant and a crap private school.

A couple of years ago these were used for MccyDs , films and brands.

Has online advertising took such a big bite of the ad industry?

All 3 boards were for small local businesses hairdressers, accountant and a crap private school.

Depends on the area. Perhaps there is no longer money in that area for the big brands to justify advertising there.

Electronic billboards are ubiquitous in major railway stations now. An billboard owner's wet dream as you can swap the ads around very quickly and likely from central office over the internet.

Traditional billboard advertising does seem to be dying though. Some billboard sites near me have had the same ad since Jan.

I haven't been through Middlesbrough for some time spyguy - is the huge billboard on the A66 with the ad for "Sexy Superstore" on Skipper's Lane still there..?

We got a free bottle of lube for spending thirty-quid last time we were in there - and Mrs XYY nearly punched the MILF behind the counter when she demonstrated it's silkiness by spraying some on my forearm and rubbing her fingers up and down it..!

Classy place like...

7BE4346F-0232-0BE5-216421C655FBF329.jpg

XYY

I took my mum shopping in boro. Came up on the train for the scenery.

After a quick tour of the transporter bridge and gresham- 'Has there been a war?'

We entered rodeo drive - cleveland centre.

Nhs walk in clinic with big 8 by 8 screen 'STD testing'

My partners used to shops advertising shoes and perfumes.

How do you you phrase 'Lets drive down to South bank, visit a sex shop being run by ex prossies from over the border' so that your wife will go with you?

'Lets go and see your sister'?

How do you you phrase 'Lets drive down to South bank, visit a sex shop being run by ex prossies from over the border' so that your wife will go with you?

'Lets go and see your sister'?

:)

Sady not. It was the billboard on the A66 that caught Mrs XYY's eye - and being the open-minded lady that she is, she made me pull-off at the next junction...!

;)

XYY

:)

Sady not. It was the billboard on the A66 that caught Mrs XYY's eye - and being the open-minded lady that she is, she made me pull-off at the next junction...!

;)

XYY

But when it came to it, diddling the assistant on the counter was a step too far.

There are several huge video screens advertising stuff around here, all next to fairly busy roads. Can't help thinking it's a bit distracting...

There's one beside the road I drive home on from work most days. Yes, it's pretty distracting at night, particularly when the screen flashes as an ad changes.

Before long, though, we'll all be wearing iGlasses which will detect billboards and project Apple ads over them.