House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

libspero

Public Urination

Since it's a Friday night this seemed kind of appropriate..

The background being I was having a few bevvies with a Scouser on holiday last week and he swore blind that pissing in public was perfectly legal as long as you shouted "look away, I'm in pain!" Before committing the act.

I can find no evidence to back this up.. but my question to the forum is this:

When is it ok to urinate in public and is it worse than flicking your cigarette butt down a drain?

The world needs to know..

A bloke in my old rugby club had the misfortune of living next door to the local boozer in a fishing town. Being a town of respectful individuals with civic pride about the appearance of their public spaces, they used to pish through his letterbox rather than soil the doorway. In fairness he only regarded it as a minor annoyance.

I had considered seeing a urologist, so urgent and painful my need to pee can be at times.

Fair enough if you're reasonably near a public toilet or home, but it can be a real problem when your travelling and you don't know where the nearest toilet is. I've had to find quiet spaces (in broad daylight) in parks in San Diego and San Fransicso in recent years to pee.

^ Ran the London Marathon once or twice when younger too. For one day every year the streets were awash, and that seemed perfectly acceptable :lol:

All about the context ;)

P

Is it true Paul, what someone once told me that the stress of long distance running encouages the bowl to open at inopportune times?

I remember when Rangers were playing in Manchester a few years back, I went into town the following day... as soon as I stepped off the bus in Piccaddily the smell was overwhelming, literally the whole of mcr city centre just stunk of urine.

Oh yep. Even the training runs get everything lubed up nicely. I think it's unusual to get short on race day if you try and time everything right and take half a dozen safety poos.

Common sense really part of the 'fight or flight' response is to 'evacuate and run away'. Apart from that I think it's rhythmic movements, increased blood flow and physically opening up the passageways :)

P

Eeuww why would anyone want to go through that?

Go in a policeman's helmet. Sometimes you should ask them to take them off first.

I worked with the police for a while (helping them with their inquiries) and the line always was that with urinating in doorstop you offer to the culprit that they can clean it up with their jumper/shirt or go down to the station. I never saw it happen, so it might have been police bravado for gullible mugs like me who happened to be hanging around.

Some one on the same PGCE as me finished off their career before it had started having found a dark disused building to empty their bladder against a wall after pub kicking out time. Caught by the police they were listed on sexual register and so unable to teach no matter what the circumstances. Seemed very unfair then as they had reportedly taken considerable care to be as discreet as possible. Nonetheless true as far as I know.

The background being I was having a few bevvies with a Scouser on holiday last week and he swore blind that pissing in public was perfectly legal as long as you shouted "look away, I'm in pain!" Before committing the act.

When is it ok to urinate in public and is it worse than flicking your cigarette butt down a drain?

This is another one of those extraordinary claims like the assertion that all prostitutes in Barcelona give a 20% discount to HPC members.

This is a myth. There are several variants, i.e. if you are travelling in a vehicle you can stop and pee on the offside front wheel shouting 'pain', or the wheel of a cart you are pushing.

It may have some genuine origins, but you can't legally do it. Any such law would have been repealed long ago

Another myth is that a pregnant woman caught short can demand that a policeman provide his helmet for her to pee in.

Some one on the same PGCE as me finished off their career before it had started having found a dark disused building to empty their bladder against a wall after pub kicking out time. Caught by the police they were listed on sexual register and so unable to teach no matter what the circumstances. Seemed very unfair then as they had reportedly taken considerable care to be as discreet as possible. Nonetheless true as far as I know.

Sounds extreme assuming all he was having was a tinkle. I would have thought a fine would have sufficed.

Putting people on the SOR instead of actually prosecuting them appears increasingly to be a new Police intimidation tactic.

This is another one of those extraordinary claims like the assertion that all prostitutes in Barcelona give a 20% discount to HPC members.

You've been misinformed. It's 30%.

I was a very silly drunk in my teenage years. Favourite party trick was to just whip it out and tinkle while walking home at 2am without skipping a beat.

Somehow felt like a test of skill, with a bit of jeopardy...splash-back was the booby prize :blink:

P

Thomas Hardy famously used to do this to demonstrate that he was a real man of the country; a mate used to as well so you had to watch it when you were walking between pubs with him to avoid getting splashed.

I was having a few bevvies with a Scouser on holiday last week and he swore blind that pissing in public was perfectly legal ..

Ask him about the rumoured Kop tradition of "roll up yer footy echo".

I was in Washington DC the other day around the museums area. The public buildings all contain lots of good toilets. When they are open that is. They had all just closed. There was no toilet in the subway. We walked around both desperate. Eventually we had to walk into the downtown area. I was seriously looking for hidden hedges to go into.