House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gurgle

Price Drop And Plenty Of Stagnation

Keep an eye on my home town in West Berks on Rightmove. Spotted a few months back our old house go on the market for £425k. Just reduced to £415k, still over £100k more than we sold it for though, ffs.

Pretty much everything else listed is the same as it was before. Advertised prices do actually feel slightly lower than previously to me in general. Hopefully this isn't just wishful thinking on my part. Even new builds seem to be lower priced than in the past. I'd love to see a 30% drop across the board.

Plenty of reductions too at both the top and bottom ends of the market. I usually have a look on RM for properties on the market in the past 7 days in several towns in SE and along the M4 corridor and this week had roughly half of the properties either new to the market or reductions which is more than usual I think. Not scientific I know. I shall have to start doing a proper count which is easier said than done when you have more than 1 agent for some plus the same property at 2 different prices because "at a reduced price for the over 60s".