House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
homeless

No News Is Good News

Not exactly housing news but did anyone see Foxtons getting a slating in the Grauniad for charging £125 an hour to clean a flat.

Apparently that would put the cleaners on £200k a year.

So now we know who has been propping house prices up :)

http://money.guardian.co.uk/property/buyin...1691447,00.html

I don't have too much sympathy - as I understand it she took the money for cleaning out of the tenants' deposit anyway - the usual trick.

This reminds me of when I moved out of my last place. The landlord was a nice guy and a friend luckily as the EA wanted to bleed our deposit dry. Infact it was a bit of a scam as one of the womens father did everything from repairs to cleaning at extortional prices. She wanted him to come in a clean the windows (although we had a window cleaner who had just been), we were gonna get charged £25 a pane. Then the carpets shampooed at £125 a room + VAT.

I did al this my self and got my full deposit back, however others I met who rented from them were not so lucky.

This reminds me of when I moved out of my last place. The landlord was a nice guy and a friend luckily as the EA wanted to bleed our deposit dry. Infact it was a bit of a scam as one of the womens father did everything from repairs to cleaning at extortional prices. She wanted him to come in a clean the windows (although we had a window cleaner who had just been), we were gonna get charged £25 a pane. Then the carpets shampooed at £125 a room + VAT.

I did al this my self and got my full deposit back, however others I met who rented from them were not so lucky.

When this happens its best to take them to court and issue a small claims action. Most LL don't want to face a judge as the bias is toward tenants, especially in a rip off situation.

I got charged for removing a sack of bb-q coals from the garage..

I thought it would be a nice thing to leave for the new tennants

Simple solution. NEVER pay your last months rent.

For contentious issues I would rather be taken to court than have the stress of taking someone else to court.

A landlord cannot start proceedings for rent arrears until you're 8 weeks behind so you do have the power over the landlord. Use it.

dont pay the last months rent, i never have paid it.this puts the onus on the landlord sueing you than you suing the landlord.And if you aint done nothing wrong theres nothing they can do.

i even phone the landlord and tell them i wont be paying the last month and take it outta my deposit instead, whoever holds the money has the power in this situation.

dont pay the last months rent, i never have paid it.this puts the onus on the landlord sueing you than you suing the landlord.And if you aint done nothing wrong theres nothing they can do.

i even phone the landlord and tell them i wont be paying the last month and take it outta my deposit instead, whoever holds the money has the power in this situation.

Absolutely.

This tactic should be employed everytime.

You can't trust 'em as you know.