House Price Crash Forum

Thins Teenagers Should Know Before They Leave Home

mikthe20

Sounds like you are doing a good job mik under difficult circumstances. One I told my son when he was 16 if your going to have sex with another person treat them with I) respect and ii) practice safe sex.

The incidence of sexually transmitted disease among young people is pretty high. I have also added a iii) in recent years No means No and don't try to play the maybe game. Some sound advice above about not sleeping with somebody on the first date especially after a lot of drink.

Have fun until you die.

That's about it.

Eat big and fart! You have my philosophy off to a tee. Have you not been to one of those "Uncle Pin" retreats for lost souls?

Eat big and fart! You have my philosophy off to a tee. Have you not been to one of those "Uncle Pin" retreats for lost souls?

I did but it was a bit Savile style !!

Today I biked along a great road and then hiked up and down a wee Spanish mountain. Montgo I think it's name is.

I feel great and usually do. I think this is all linked.

New things keep the body and more importantly the mind in check.

You don't need to know 7 meals. As a student you need a wok and a sense of adventure / no fear of failure.

Damn right. The ability to pick through the cupboards and fridge and cobble something acceptable together is of far more value than following some dull recipe when the shops are shut after kicking out time.

Damn right. The ability to pick through the cupboards and fridge and cobble something acceptable together is of far more value than following some dull recipe when the shops are shut after kicking out time.

Also teach them when a use by date is a suggestion and when you should take it seriously. Way too much perfectly good food gets thrown out.

Good list. I often wonder what my advice will be in this area when my kids are old enough to hear it. I'm too out of touch to know where to score the good stuff these days...

Indeed. Always imagined there'd some new-fangled super drugs around by now, surprised to see the old favourites still proving popular.

Archived