House Price Crash Forum

What Book(S) Are You Reading At The Moment?

Bossybabe

HOLA441
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I knew the double its value (fill it with petrol) and twin exhausts (wheelbarrow) ones but that one was new to me.

I suppose you know:

How many valves has a Skoda? 16. 2 in the engine, 14 in the radio.

What do you call a soft-top Skoda? A Skip.

Full marks for VW for having the nerve to take on and keep the brand and return it to respectability.

HOLA443
HOLA444

I suppose you know:

How many valves has a Skoda? 16. 2 in the engine, 14 in the radio.

What do you call a soft-top Skoda? A Skip.

Full marks for VW for having the nerve to take on and keep the brand and return it to respectability.

Only the second; I am clearly a Skoda novice.

HOLA445

I agree that they made the brand respectable renty.

But they didn't return it to respectability as it had never been respectable in the first place..!

A mate of mine asked me if there was any way he could make his Skoda more sporty - I told him to wear a pair of trainers whenever he drove it...!

;)

XYY

HOLA446
HOLA447

Yes. that's the sort of Skoda I had, before Volkswagon spoiled them. The engine was in the back. I had a couple of years very leisurely driving out of it.

Talking of cars, the Landcruiser is gone. Sold by my son, who bought a BMW 750L. My new Toyota arrives in November. A RAV4.

HOLA448

For a Brexit idea, try Reading Rule, Britannia by Daphne du Maurier. Synopsis from Amazon:

"Emma wakes up one morning to an apocalyptic world. The cosy existence she shares with her grandmother, a famous retired actress, has been shattered: there's no post, no telephone, no radio - and an American warship sits in the harbour.

As the two women piece together clues about the 'friendly' military occupation on their doorstep, family, friends and neighbours gather round to protect their heritage. In this chilling novel of the future, Daphne du Maurier explores the implications of a political, economic and military alliance between Britain and the United States."

Archived