House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Byron

Could We Be Just A Few Eeks From Article 50?

Will Mrs May announce it on the day of the Labour leadership election?

Will she get the Queen as head of state to make a proclamation that the will of the people is manifest and her government must get on with it at once?

Consider,

Unless Hilary Clinton steps down now, Trump will almost certainly win.

Many UK politicians have said inadvisable things about Trump and the only UK politician to have any kudos with President Trump will be.....Nigel Farage. (Nightmare for Mrs May)

UKIP could become a credible force in UK politics then.

If Windbag Smith wins the leadership election, parliament will be in turmoil with constant demands to 'revisit' the referendum. This will be of no benefit to either party in the next GE.

Mrs May is most likely aware that any messing around with the referendum could cause enormous political damage, favouring UKIP.

If Corbyn wins, he is known to dislike the EU, has said that he stands by Brexit, so Mrs May could anticipate a fair run home.

She could be tempted to wait in the event of a Corbyn win to see if the Blairistas do back him, or squabble and consign Labour to oblivion.....close call.

My guess is very soon.

We need to start doing trade deals now that commence "upon the date the UK exits from the EU" maybe even add a "should that occur prior to 2020" so it's not open ended. That way we need not set a date of exit.

And we then go and sign lots of trade agreements which would then put pressure on the EU to make one with us.

i.e. We get great trade deals with car selling nations, then if the Germans don't play ball they can find their BMWs, Mercedes, Audis, VWs, etc are all suddenly priced 25% higher than their competitors in one of their biggest markets.

We need to remember we are in the driving seat (pun...).

My money is Article 50 being triggered in January 2017 on the same day Trump is sworn in as President.

You read it here first........

Lots will be said to cosy up to Trump to repair any damage already inflicted.

Farage will be ennobled in the New Years honour lists and will take up a post in the Foreign Office as Minister of State for the USA or something, that way May gets to put a friendly face between here and the Donald. By contrast she has never to my knowledge anyway uttered a bad word about Trump, wisely kept her powder dry.

Sure as hell cannot have Boris talking to him, what was he said about him? 'The only reason I wouldn't visit some parts of New York is the real risk of meeting Donald Trump."

My money is Article 50 being triggered in January 2017 on the same day Trump is sworn in as President.

Farage will be ennobled in the New Years honour lists and will take up a post in the Foreign Office as Minister of State for the USA or something, that way May gets to put a friendly face between here and the Donald. By contrast she has never to my knowledge anyway uttered a bad word about Trump, wisely kept her powder dry.

Sure as hell cannot have Boris talking to him, what was he said about him? 'The only reason I wouldn't visit some parts of New York is the real risk of meeting Donald Trump."

my money is on formal confirmation of article 50 in march,and a complete withdrawal by september next year.

they will follow with hebrew calender "biblical" route with dates and times etc.

all the important stuff happens in jubilee years-like us giving the green light to the foundation of isreal by defeating turkey,isreal winning the 6 day war,

release of accrued debts(of which financial sabotage was certainly a cornerstone of EU policy against us)

likewise with the yanks I think...in their case it will mean f*** off europe,you've been taking the piss out of our military for years,we're not playing any more...defend yourselves.

so my money is on signing the divorce papers on purim and finally giving them the chuck on sukkot next year.

You'd think they'd get on seeing as they were both born in New York and he looks like he could be his son.

EDIT:

Or should it be acts instead of looks.

No, it won't be triggered in 2017.

So far there has been zero progress on trade agreements and UK firms will lose their authorised economic operator status making it impossibly slow to trade. It also won't happen in 2018, by which time it's too close to the general election.

So far there has been zero progress on trade agreements and UK firms will lose their authorised economic operator status making it impossibly slow to trade. It also won't happen in 2018, by which time it's too close to the general election.

The people won't stand for it, scum stalling until jan 2017 is enraging alot of people.

The snivellers are going to have to trigger article 50 very shortly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lrfhf1Gv4Tw

Hotel California. You can check out anytime you like....