House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rollover

Doping In Sport

Russians hackers attack World Anti-Doping Agency in revenge for the country's Olympic ban '

A group of Russian hackers claim to have found files showing the Williams sisters and gymnast Simone Biles were allowed to take banned substances by anti-doping bosses. The Kremlin was furious at the treatment of its athletes in Rio with some accusing Olympic chiefs of operating ‘double standards’ in banning Russian athletes while allowing US athletes previously found guilty of doping to compete. Fancy Bears claims it had more information showing how 'tainted' Olympics medals have been won. It said: 'Wait for sensational proof of famous athletes taking doping substances any time soon.'

The International Tennis Federation said the Williams sisters had been given permission to use the drugs for 'therapeutic use'.

A spokesman for USA Gymnastics said: 'By virtue of the TUE, Biles has not broken any drug-testing regulations, including at the Olympic Games in Rio.'

The hackers revealed records of 'Therapeutic Use Exemptions' [TUE] which allow athletes to use substances that are banned unless there is a verified medical need.

Director general Olivier Niggli said: 'These criminal acts are greatly compromising the effort by the global anti-doping community to re-establish trust in Russia.' The International Olympic Committee said it 'strongly condemns such methods which clearly aim at tarnishing the reputation of clean athletes.'

Honestly, Williams looks too masculine.

serena-williams_2602880b.jpg

Documents published on the Fancy Bear website appeared to show that Serena Williams had taken the restricted drugs prednisone, prednisolone, methylprednisone, hydromorphone and oxycodone between 2010 and 2015, while her sister Venus had taken prednisone, prednisolone, triamcinolone and formoterol.

The International Olympic Committee said it “strongly condemned” the cyber attack which it said was “clearly aimed at tarnishing the reputation of clean athletes

Guardian

Ok so this hack attack probably stemmed from the Russian state.

But it does raise an interesting point. Namely that some athletes are legally taking performance enhancing drugs. Presumably on health ground's.

Again the mainstream media nowhere near this topic.

But it does raise an interesting point. Namely that some athletes are legally taking performance enhancing drugs. Presumably on health ground's.

I think its less obvious performance enhancing drugs.

These are more drugs that have side effects like boosting blood/oxygen, or allowing you to train thru conditions.

My take on it all? Competive sport esp. athletics is benter than Quintin Crisp.

Footballs probably OK mainly becasue footballers are so think the only drugs they take are ones that provide no enhancement.

I think its less obvious performance enhancing drugs.

These are more drugs that have side effects like boosting blood/oxygen, or allowing you to train thru conditions.

My take on it all? Competive sport esp. athletics is benter than Quintin Crisp.

Footballs probably OK mainly becasue footballers are so think the only drugs they take are ones that provide no enhancement.

Does soccer have a doping problem?

Doping in soccer -- 'The submerged part of the iceberg'

Doping in association football

Unlike individual sports such as cycling, weight-lifting, and track and field, the use of performance-enhancing drugs in football (soccer) is not widely associated with the sport because of lack of evidence.

Dunno. First suspiscion is ex whatevers dying like flies.

Athletes and cyclist were dying in their 30s + 40s recently.

Not sure the same applies to footballers.

How do you know that? Very unlikely and has been explicitly denied by the Russian State.

The fact that the hackers are Russian (or purport to be so) is irrelevant.

Dunno. First suspiscion is ex whatevers dying like flies.

Athletes and cyclist were dying in their 30s + 40s recently.

Not sure the same applies to footballers.

What make you think so? I think there is lack of evidence.

Can you just imagine, if suddenly Messi, Ronaldo, Pogba ....., players that costs millions and create billions of revenue (not just for their teams), suddenly will be find out (doping) cheating?

Documents published on the Fancy Bear website appeared to show that Serena Williams had taken the restricted drugs prednisone, prednisolone, methylprednisone, hydromorphone and oxycodone between 2010 and 2015, while her sister Venus had taken prednisone, prednisolone, triamcinolone and formoterol.

The International Olympic Committee said it strongly condemned the cyber attack which it said was clearly aimed at tarnishing the reputation of clean athletes

Guardian

Some of these are opioids for pain relief and some are steroids to stop inflammation.

In each case they would be good to help your body train or exert itself more than it wants to.

I think the Guardian calling them by their exact name, without saying what they, are helps make them seem not that bad.

Some of these are opioids for pain relief and some are steroids to stop inflammation.

In each case they would be good to help your body train or exert itself more than it wants to.

I think the Guardian calling them by their exact name, without saying what they, are helps make them seem not that bad.

Looks too masculine compared to other female athletes.

Has Serena Williams Been Doping With Steroids?

article-0-0d70ecf2000005dc-742_468x354.j

I was thinking of starting something along the lines of the "celbrity death sweepstake". I wonder if Angelique Kerber (German, US tennis open winner) will be outed one day. Her face looks a bit weird. Puffy and distorted. Stary eyes. Not certain though. She looks quite nice in a lot of photos.

Doping is one of those irregular verbs.

I'm clean. I get where I am by natural ability and hard work.

Western athletes take medicines prescribed legitimately by their quacks.

Russian athletes systematically dope.

Lance Armstrong was always known to be on strong drugs for his cancer. Steroids (among others) are legitimate drugs prescribed to cancer patients.

A major problem with the OC tests, in any case, is that they’re regarded by many as a joke. In 2011, Serena Williams locked herself in her Los Angeles home’s panic room when she thought an intruder was lurking outside. It was a drug tester; :lol: :lol: :lol: ITF data shows Williams didn’t take an OC test at all in 2010 or 2011.

(Source: Tennis Has a Doping Problem)

http://themillenniumreport.com/2015/08/1-question-in-womens-tennis-has-serena-williams-been-doping-with-steroids/

What make you think so? I think there is lack of evidence.

Can you just imagine, if suddenly Messi, Ronaldo, Pogba ....., players that costs millions and create billions of revenue (not just for their teams), suddenly will be find out (doping) cheating?

Outside of injury recovery there really isn't much of an advantage to regular drug use in football. Being faster or stronger is no real advantage, partly because it's a team sport and partly because there are various laws in the game that mitigate the benefits.

I'm not saying there is no doping in football, but I really do doubt it's routine.

Outside of injury recovery there really isn't much of an advantage to regular drug use in football. Being faster or stronger is no real advantage, partly because it's a team sport and partly because there are various laws in the game that mitigate the benefits.

I'm not saying there is no doping in football, but I really do doubt it's routine.

Add in stamina and ability to run faster than your opponents for 90mins or more.

I saw a documentary on French tv recently where they showed the systemic doping in the Italian Serie A (and lower leagues).

A number of players died young or had poor health once they gave up the game. Juventus , Milan et al. Big programs since the late 80s.

Spanish football has also had the finger pointed at it since the days of the cyclist Indurain being caught. Many think the program he was on was also being replicated in La Liga.

I'd be surprised if the EPL was clean, tbh. Especially with the influx of foreign owners, coaches wuth their backroom staffs including medical staff.

don't have a problem with it,as long as the rules are clear for everybody.

I think olympics type tournaments where everybody is pumped up on some kind of steroid/stimulant/growth hormone could potentially become like formula 1 for big pharma!....at least it would be over and done with quicker than the present coverage on TV!

Then again,am I alone in thinking football hooligans should have their own "world cup" every 4 years at the same time as the soccer players,would make for amusing viewing?

the rules would be quite simple....100 selected by country at each end,no weapons allowed,two halves of 15 minutes, and unconscious casualties count as a goal....the team with the highest score wins.

referee blows whistle only for start,stop and removal of casualties from the field of play.

The hackers revealed records of 'Therapeutic Use Exemptions' [TUE] which allow athletes to use substances that are banned unless there is a verified medical need.

I don't think this is illegal - The TUE allows an athlete to be prescribed a drug to treat a pre-existing illness.

This is a bit of a grey area and there have been lots of cases of people whoi you might think are misusing them.

For example, it's surprising how many elite athletes seem to suffer with asthma, and are allowed to use an inhaler.

Operation Puerto judge sparks outrage by ordering destruction of blood bags

The Spanish anti-doping agency will launch a legal appeal after the judge in the Operation Puerto trial sparked outrage by ordering the destruction of more than 200 blood bags that could hold the secret to one of the biggest doping conspiracies in sporting history. Judge Julia Patricia Santamaria rejected a request by the World Anti-Doping Agency and the country’s national anti-doping organisation to hand over some 211 bags of blood and plasma and other documentary evidence seized by police seven years ago from the clinic of Dr Eufemiano Fuentes.

Operation Puerto blood bags in Spanish doping scandal ordered to be released by court 10 years after they were seized amid speculation they could lead to fresh crisis

A Spanish court has ordered that the 200 bags of blood seized in the Operation Puerto police raids in 2006 must be released to the sporting authorities for drug testing. This follows a successful appeal by the International Cycling Union, Italian Olympic Committee, Spanish Cycling Federation and World Anti-Doping Agency against a 2013 decision to destroy the blood bags. That decision followed the conclusion of lengthy criminal proceedings against the doctor at the centre of the doping scandal, Eufemiano Fuentes, and four co-defendants.

Add in stamina and ability to run faster than your opponents for 90mins or more.

Genuinely don't think that's a massive advantage in football, stamina yes, but I doubt using traditional doping drugs has much effect in that regard. Outright speed doesn't give you much of an advantage in football, name the top 10 players of all time almost none of them were quick, or speed was almost no factor in their success. Even top players now are not muscular, they are very lean with high definition of muscle, but that is a reduction in body fat rather than out and out muscle.

I've no doubt it happens in football, but I really do doubt routine use of performance enhancing drugs by clubs.

Those links provided are nothing about football, Fuentes has completely denied ever having links with football clubs and doping on a mass basis, any link is via a completely unknown source and third hand, he said he had football players as client, not unreasonable for a sports doctor.

Honestly, Williams looks too masculine.

serena-williams_2602880b.jpg

You really shouldn't have posted that Mr Rollover - Pinny will be drowning in his own jizz when he sees that picture...!

I don't suppose you've any Fatima Whitbread in your private collection...

;)

XYY

UK Anti-Doping Agency trying to establish if British athletes have been victims of WADA hacking

The UK Anti-Doping Agency are working with their global counterparts to discover if any British sportsmen or women could fall victim to the hacking controversy. A spokesman said: “We’re working with WADA to ascertain if British athletes have been impacted. The hack detailed therapeutic use exemptions (TUEs) by the sports stars, who were given permission to use the treatments for medical reasons.

It's simple, you are cheating or you are clean. If you take doping you are not a victim.

Wada hacking scandal: debate turns to the use of powerful legal drugs

And last night Fancy Bears posted the confidential medical records of over a dozen more top athletes, including the British cyclists Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome, showing the banned substances for which they had received a therapeutic use exemption (TUE).

Nonetheless, on social media questions about whether there is more here than meets the eye have been winging their way round the carousel. Some have doubted whether Serena Williams needed to take powerful medication such as prednisolone, methylprednisolone, hydromorphone, oxycodone and prednisone, for instance, while others have asked what the Fancy Bears data says about TUE use and how widespread it may be.