House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bossybabe

David Cameron Resigns With Immediate Effect

He'll be disappointed if he's quit because he's heard there's a suddenly available position for leader of the Democrat party...

Anyway, bye bye David, you won't go down in history as a great PM, but at least you weren't Gordon Brown.

Any bets on which bank has offered him a lucrative sinecure?

My preference would be Jodrell Bank - tracking him on a one-way trip to Pluto...!

XYY

He got a multi-million deal for his book didn't he?

Probably wants to hide from everyone he writes about.

I don't see him going to bank, something like head of Google in Europe, he is in with that crowd.

Or "consultancy" - people pay you large amounts of money to go to buffets with them and be associated with you.

He got a multi-million deal for his book didn't he?

Probably wants to hide from everyone he writes about.

I don't see him going to bank, something like head of Google in Europe, he is in with that crowd.

Or "consultancy" - people pay you large amounts of money to go to buffets with them and be associated with you.

Yeah he was in media before...

Presumably he's resigned as an MP because he's taking up a job he doesn't want to appear in the register of members' interests. Lobbyist ( aka "consultancy") seems to make the most sense.

Maybe some 'story' or other is about to come out and 'doesn't want it to distract from the Conservatives' important role of running the country while he clears his name'.

I doubt he was ever in it to be an MP and so it's no surprise he is standing down. MP was a means to an end, to simply to see how high you could get. Job done. Being an MP would be thoroughly boring after PM; I wouldn't hang around, would you?

Old habits die hard though - standing down was 'the right thing to do" :lol:

Nah. I reckon they are looking yo parachute someone into his seat.

Leant on him to go, leave open the option of backing him for an international post.

Its possible he wants to spend more time with his kids.

What's with September in terms of his pension contributions etc as MP?

He'd originally said he'd step down when the tories sorted the leadership out - about now .. it just happened sooner cos of the tories seeing it as a sensible move to get organised again and not infight.

Not infighting is really important - when you see the mess Labour are in.

I'll go out on a limb and say I think Cameron was ok.

He didn't have much charisma, but he didn't do anything terrible and I think things generally moved in the right direction under his stewardship.

Having said that, I liked Major too.

Theresa's been good so far but I'm still a bit worried she's going to end up introducing some silly man-hating laws or some other idiocy to please the SJWs. She had a good go as Home Secretary and when Rome starts to burn it might all get a bit too much for her.

I really hope I'm wrong. So far she's made a good start.

I'll go out on a limb and say I think Cameron was ok.

He didn't have much charisma, but he didn't do anything terrible and I think things generally moved in the right direction under his stewardship.

Having said that, I liked Major too.

Theresa's been good so far but I'm still a bit worried she's going to end up introducing some silly man-hating laws or some other idiocy to please the SJWs. She had a good go as Home Secretary and when Rome starts to burn it might all get a bit too much for her.

I really hope I'm wrong. So far she's made a good start.

He largely stuck to his campaign platform while in office, which is a low bar but seemingly a rare thing.