House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

penbat1

Are You Tempted To Throw Your Tv Out Of The Window ?

You now get about 40 channels with Freeview these days but most of it is still superficial mind numbing garbage. Would you be tempted to throw your TV out of the window ?

You now get about 40 channels with Freeview these days but most of it is still superficial mind numbing garbage. Would you be tempted to throw your TV out of the window ?

I have not had a telly for a while. I do not miss it but I still watch DVD's and if im round my girlfriends house I watch newsnight if I am allowed

If I had to choose between my broadband connection or telly then I would give up the telly tomorrow.

It wasn't always like this. I remember years ago there was specific programs on that you would make an effort to see - eg Only Fools and Horses on a Thursday night. These days there is nothing that I make an effort to watch. I think the standard of programming has never been worse - it really is shite.

The only possible exception is Shameless on CH4 - I think it's brilliantly written.

Forget the telly, there's plenty of good stuff on the radio these days. XFM in London and Radio 4 - you can't go wrong.

I was tempted to chuck it when they sacked Deayton from HIGNFY. My wife still watches a lot of telly though, and I suppose I probably still watch a couple of hours a week :rolleyes:.

If I had to choose between my broadband connection or telly then I would give up the telly tomorrow.

It wasn't always like this. I remember years ago there was specific programs on that you would make an effort to see - eg Only Fools and Horses on a Thursday night. These days there is nothing that I make an effort to watch. I think the standard of programming has never been worse - it really is shite.

The only possible exception is Shameless on CH4 - I think it's brilliantly written.

Forget the telly, there's plenty of good stuff on the radio these days. XFM in London and Radio 4 - you can't go wrong.

You can get most decent TV programmes on the internet within 24 hours of broadcast through either P2P or usenet posts. Save money by not paying the daft license fee as well.

Yes I would throw my T V out of the window as long as Gordon Brown was walking by and it would bounce on his head.

It might knock some sense into the non-existent economic policy,What economic policy???????