House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Portent

I'm So Childish

I just couldn't resist this one. I was walking past an EA obviously walking to a house with a client (one of "those" minis parked a few feet away). My very loud comment to my bemused wife (sudden change of topic confused her)...

"Wow, having looked on nethouseprices I really can't believe how much house prices are starting to fall around here. I was completely shocked!"

Ok it's really childish but made me giggle :)

Portent,

I do not believe any of your frequent 'guess what I did to an EA today' type stories. They are pathetic fantasies. Please desist.

Thx

Portent,

I do not believe any of your frequent 'guess what I did to an EA today' type stories. They are pathetic fantasies. Please desist.

Thx

That's your choice. It doesn't bother me one bit what you think :) Please carry on with your life and ignore me completely. In future I'd appreciate it if you ignore my posts. You're wrong of course but I expect you already know that ;)

Thx

EDIT: Mildly intrigued I just searched on what you could possibly be referring to. Nope can't find anything. So before you follow my request and ignore my posts I'd be ever so grateful if you could post the links here for any which you think I'm making stories up, or even any where I'm talking about doing things to EA's?

Thx again.

Edited by Portent

How bitter and twisted just because prices don't stack up for YOU at the moment.

You should get over to SP sharpish mate and learn about BMV.

Shocking, but what else would i expect?

Edited by Bobby Jo

How bitter and twisted just because you can't afford a house.

Hohoho. You have no idea of my financial position. I certainly won't be discussing it on a public forum but there is no question I could buy tomorrow if I chose to. Do you even know if I'm an FTB or STR? Perhaps I own but still believe in price falls (oh the answers are probably searchable on this forum if you care to look)

It's interesting that people have to resort to personal attacks, especially those with low post counts.

Tut, tut... sticks and stones and all that :lol:

So I'm sending a huge great kiss and hug out to all al you :D x

Hohoho. You have no idea of my financial position. I certainly won't be discussing it on a public forum but there is no question I could buy tomorrow if I chose to. Do you even know if I'm an FTB or STR? Perhaps I own but still believe in price falls (oh the answers are probably searchable on this forum if you care to look)

It's interesting that people have to resort to personal attacks, especially those with low post counts.

Tut, tut... sticks and stones and all that :lol:

So I'm sending a huge great kiss and hug out to all al you :D x

I don't care if you're a multi billionaire mate. Why would you want to say something like that when a potential buyer is entering a house? The seller could be desperate for the house to sell. Why would you want to stop that particular house from selling?

Can't see how low post counts matter either...

And... I edited my post before you posted so I didn't know what you were going to write!!! Ha ha!!

Edited by Bobby Jo

I don't care if you're a multi billionaire mate. Why would you want to say something like that when a potential buyer is entering a house? The seller could be desperate for the house to sell. Why would you want to stop that particular house from selling?

Can't see how low post counts matter either...

And... I edited my post before you posted so I didn't know what you were going to write!!! Ha ha!!

There could be many reasons. Let's pick on just one: There is a buyer and a seller involved. If the market falls soon (and I'll agree nothing is certain - it could go either way) then the new buyer will lose a lot of money. Do you feel the sellers financial security is more important than the buyers? If so why?

When did I intimate that you changed your post because of what I wrote? I clearly wasn't. I was referring to your changing the quote from "can't afford a house" to the less aggressive and more emotive "things don't stack up for YOU" indicating I'm the agressor.

There are two sides to every argument.

Why would you want to say something like that when a potential buyer is entering a house? The seller could be desperate for the house to sell.

Yeah, but by the same token the potential buyer could be being talked into taking out a 100% mortgage at a big earnings multiple, thereby facing penury if prices tumble and interest rates rise.

Please carry on with your life and ignore me completely. In future I'd appreciate it if you ignore my posts. You're wrong of course but I expect you already know that ;)

Having re-read my own comment I've decided to retract the part above. On reflection perhaps it was a little to reactive. I've decided not to edit my original post but quote it here in the interests of honesty and to ensure this board remains a free and open place for discussion. I'd still welcome Pond321's response to which of my posts he/she thinks are lies however.

Also welcoming Bobby Jo returning to discuss financial security between buyer and seller.

I'd just l ike to ask Bobby Jo to desist from punctuating posts with "mate". It's painful enough to hear people doing so in casual conversation but to include it in written posts.... no offence mate!

Edited by othello

How bitter and twisted just because prices don't stack up for YOU at the moment.

You should get over to SP sharpish mate and learn about BMV.

lol..

it's great..

Do you know that whatever price a house goes for is the exact market value for the property at that moment.

If it didn't go for more, that means that there wasn't anyone who could afford to pay more, or anyone who would be prepared to pay more..

There may be later, but there wasn't that time.

The most expensive something has ever sold for does not sound to me to be the best guide for what it would be worth. niether would the cheepest..

I would investigate long term average against average wages.

The would be brilliant as it would take out inflation.... then you could work it out as a multiple of the average wage.

Then simply find the average wage and bosh.. there you go.

gaWD PEOPLE are soo miserable on here - smile on the face makes a brighter day - try it

dont hear people complaining about this childish add do we??

petrolpricescarsticker.gif

so NER :lol:

Edited by trev

Wowzers lets bash Bobby.

The point is that you as 'sitters on the fence' or 'I want to buy but prices are too high' people, are showing a somewhat childish bias (yes I know the title of the thread states that)

BUT

If you were active investors your bias would soon change. Why favour buyer over seller? Why do you all view sellers as greedy landlords?

By far the most shocking thread is the one about the overpriced house in Sheffield. Here's a guy who's bought a house in the hope of perhaps making a living, and as his house has taken a long time to sell everyone jumped on it as an opportunity to bankrupt the guy. 'Lets all rent the house so he loses money'.

Morals gone out the window then.

Mind you why not. If you can bankrupt a few greedy investors, then you'll bag yourselves a tidy profit won't you?

Edited by Bobby Jo

Wowzers lets bash Bobby.

The point is that you as 'sitters on the fence' or 'I want to buy but prices are too high' people, are showing a somewhat childish bias (yes I know the title of the thread states that)

BUT

If you were active investors your bias would soon change. Why favour buyer over seller? Why do you all view sellers as greedy landlords?

By far the most shocking thread is the one about the overpriced house in Sheffield. Here's a guy who's bought a house in the hope of perhaps making a living, and as his house has taken a long time to sell everyone jumped on it as an opportunity to bankrupt the guy. 'Lets all rent the house so he loses money'.

Morals gone out the window then.

Mind you why not. If you can bankrupt a few greedy investors, then you'll bag yourselves a tidy profit won't you?

I am a property investor.

Looking at predicted cost spend against property over my lifetime I have saved a real world return of £40,000 in the last year.

Not bad.

This isn't "equity" where I have borrowed using property as security and convinced myself that it is profit.

this isn't a property I hold that I can sell to realise profit.

This is a property that I wanted, researched and investigated in a market I spent a long time studying.

This is a new build flat that I didn't buy.

Many on here are investors, but an investor must know when to enter a market as well as when to get out.

Now is not the time to enter, I am not bitter because things are not stacked in my favour.

They are stacked against any property purchase.

So I wait..

People will loose in the current market, it is property it makes no profit in itself so it cannot be argued that for some to make money others must supply the money.. In essence these are those that will loose.

That much is economics that can't be argued.

1: Has property made money?

2: So have some made money?

3: So who supplied the money?

Point three a clue?

Edited by apom

If you were active investors your bias would soon change.

Here's a hint: most people here don't give a crap about 'property investing', they just want a decent house to live in for a price that won't enslave them to the bank for most of their lives.

What could be less moral than borrowing money to speculate on the price of one of the greatest essentials in our lives? Serial killers have caused far less harm to the British people than idiot BTLs... the idiot BTLs damn well should be bankrupted to discourage the others.

Can you generalise about "Most people here"? Not really as there are many different types including FTB's, STR's, EA's, OO's, BTL's and a few others. They all have different views and interests.