House Price Crash Forum

Sy3 Sold In 3 (days)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You wont find it advertised. It's completed and sold.

Do you know any more details about it, what im interested in what it was *worth* 18 months ago and what it can be compared to locally on the market today.

What im finding odd is

Put it on at £275,000. Sold at £272,000 in 3 days with 3 offers all from people with nothing to sell.

You would think that with 3 seperate offers from people with nothing to sell then there would of been some guzumping going on, especially in 3 days, but then to sell for 3K less than the asking. It makes me wonder what the other offers were.

It just doen't seem like a typical transaction imho

Do you know any more details about it, what im interested in what it was *worth* 18 months ago and what it can be compared to locally on the market today.

What im finding odd is

You would think that with 3 seperate offers from people with nothing to sell then there would of been some guzumping going on, especially in 3 days, but then to sell for 3K less than the asking. It makes me wonder what the other offers were.

It just doen't seem like a typical transaction imho

£261,00 - 29th October 2004.

No Gazumping as that only exists in fairly sound markets

:lol::lol::lol:

Actually suprised that you lot have heard of Ceraig Davis & Kes.

Thought Leonard Cohen would be more your thang. :ph34r:

Yes Durch, it works.

Not exactly music that makes you feel like staying one step ahead.

But if you are sitting in a darkened room waiting for the crash ..................

With all rope, alchohol and knives hidden i hope, i just listen to an intro for the top 5 tracks (cause i've never heard of him) they all sound the same, they all took a little bit of my will to live from me :lol:

Friend just sold 4 bed detached in Shrewsbury.

4 valuations - £280,000, £265,000 & two at £250,000. Put it on at £275,000. Sold at £272,000 in 3 days with 3 offers all from people with nothing to sell.

Identical house sold September 2005 for £265,000.

Looks like my predictions are right.

Big falls yess, but not everywhere and not at the same time.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So its No 52 Wxxxxxxxx Way:- But it seems to be listed on rightmove as for sale at £269,995 ?

4 valuations - £280,000, £265,000 & two at £250,000. Put it on at £275,000. Sold at £272,000 in 3 days with 3 offers all from people with nothing to sell.

Well done to your friend, but one sale (or not if the contracts isn't signed) isn't a trend... you need to look at the bigger picture ;)

Explain the methodology please.

you have provided anecdotal evidence of 1 house which has sold STC quickly - I haven't got a clue what the area is like or what prices are doing there but 1 sale doesnt mean there isnt a crash - i had a very quick look on 5 ea sites for my area and there are nearly 800 houses which are not sold stc or otherwise still on the market - as far as i can see, no pick up, just more to chose from

TEIN, by the same token it shows that "cruise crash speed" may not have been achieved everywhere and that loads of houses on Rightmove does not equal loads of houses unsold.

Jack Chili. A classic for you: Eater - My Business: "I've got a thought under my cap, I'm bored of this and that old crap, ring out the old bring in the new, I'm always in before you"

:D

Excellent news. I sold a property before Xmas with no trouble, and no reduction. If there's a crash, I don't smell it. I do smell jealousy, envy here though...

:D