House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lookingafterthekids

Sy3 Sold In 3 (days)

Friend just sold 4 bed detached in Shrewsbury.

4 valuations - £280,000, £265,000 & two at £250,000. Put it on at £275,000. Sold at £272,000 in 3 days with 3 offers all from people with nothing to sell.

Identical house sold September 2005 for £265,000.

Looks like my predictions are right.

Big falls yess, but not everywhere and not at the same time.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

4 valuations - £280,000, £265,000 & two at £250,000. Put it on at £275,000. Sold at £272,000 in 3 days with 3 offers all from people with nothing to sell.

Is the sale completed with the money in the bank? Otherwise it's not "sold" is it :)

However, friend is lucky to have found a buyer... there is one born every minute.

What peopel seem to forget and no doubt will continue to forget in a relative way is that not so long back with the top valuation of 280k they would of listed at above that not below it.

3 offers all from people with nothing to sell doesn't sound very typical of the market either.

No one to my knowledge ever said big falls everywhere all at the same time either :)

Houses will continue to change hands all the time even through a crash/correction

Has the sale completed?

Oh no. They haven't even exchanged yet.... So it's just an offer right? It could have been one of us who has tracked down you and all your friends and put in an offer just to make you look daft (difficult task I will admit, but certainly possible...)

Now what were the latest figures about house sales falling through? Oh I can't be bothered :lol::lol::lol:

I suggest that your hubris would me more warmly received on softlanding.co.uk.

Unless of course, your purpose here is to live under a bridge and emerge periodically to molest passers-by with a series of odious grunts?

:P

I suggest that your hubris would me more warmly received on softlanding.co.uk.

Unless of course, your purpose here is to live under a bridge and emerge periodically to molest passers-by with a series of odious grunts?

:P

Hear hear! Something fishy going on here and it's not just her crotch..... :lol::lol::lol:

Crash - my a*se

Yep, you've conclusively proved everything you've ever said on HPC with this one anecdote.

We're not worthy. notworthy.gif

Xil.

Tedious in the extreme, hold the front page, a house sells..yawn. Shall we all trawl through endless sites, papers, give anecdotals of property that isn`t selling to de-bunk your arguement? Houses will always sell, always have done. Please, for your own sake, stop this. You convince no one and only further to confirm the view most have on here of you that you are a windbag/buffoon in denial. ;)

"What peopel seem to forget and no doubt will continue to forget in a relative way is that not so long back with the top valuation of 280k they would of listed at above that not below it" - Really.Oh yes, your right :blink:

"Houses will continue to change hands all the time even through a crash/correction" & "Houses will always sell, always have done" - thank you. And so there will always be groovy profits to be had. As we have always said!

"Please, for your own sake, stop this. You convince no one and only further to confirm the view most have on here of you that you are a windbag/buffoon in denial" - Brilliant. Buffoon. Windbag. Me? Cripes, the amount of cr*p spouted on here would win awards for the windbag & buffoon of 2006.

And whose that clip clopping over my bridge.............?

Have you lot ever tried wearing anything other than suits, ties and sensible shoes?

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Is it this one?

** Salcombe Drive,Off London Road,Shrewsbury,Shropshire

3680_CGP05492_IMG_00.JPG

"Houses will continue to change hands all the time even through a crash/correction" & "Houses will always sell, always have done" - thank you. And so there will always be groovy profits to be had. As we have always said!

Well, although i do believe that pro's can make money even in a tanking market (like ive said many times before) that is not what i was saying.

If jack buys for 100K you buy it off him for 75K then someone buys it off you for 50K your -25K profit wont look to groovey.....

To think that houses dont get sold in a crash/correction would be daft, how else are we to know the new price. If no houses are sold for 3 years then how would the market of fallen. I've posted about this on more than one occassion.

Houses HAVE to be sold otherwise the market is doing nothing.

ProBTL'rs will carry on with thier business , nuBTL who dont consider it a business, who dont care about yields, who are in it for the long run to secure a pesnion, the <5 year old bandwagon nuBTL, the type who have attended one Inside Track seminar and now think they are the bee's knees will go to the wall.

Which is nothing i havn't said in numerous posts.

Btw who are 'we'?

Has the sale completed?

Oh no. They haven't even exchanged yet.... So it's just an offer right? It could have been one of us who has tracked down you and all your friends and put in an offer just to make you look daft (difficult task I will admit, but certainly possible...)

Now what were the latest figures about house sales falling through? Oh I can't be bothered :lol::lol::lol:

Don't hold your breath until the survey comes in. They may want 5 grand off for a broken paving stone.

The correct spelling is 'people'.

Should be 'would have listed...'

Judging by your spelling and grammar you must be an EA.

:lol: He is quoting me and although i maybe a little slow in the mind im not quite down to EA standards, I dont edited stuff as much as i used to for typo's , just cant be botherd these days. My re-occuring typo is 'yoru' gets me every damn time.

I live in Shrewsbury.

My landlord bought my place this November for 175K. Next door, which is identical, was bought for 197K in MAY 2004 and is back on the market for 195K. Been on the market for months I understand. 3 other places nearby have been for sale for months and for exactly the same price they were bought 12-18 months ago.

Hope that helps.

And whose that clip clopping over my bridge.............?

Have you lot ever tried wearing anything other than suits, ties and sensible shoes?

I suppose you are going to tell us that you are

sitting there in a black basque, stockings and suspenders

wearing stillettos?

Perhaps with a stag's head mask....

Aah the liberty. :D

ABB