House Price Crash Forum

Facebook Non Censorship

wherebee

HOLA441

I know we have had threads before in which people have pointed out shocking facebook groups/pages that FB has NOT deleted (I seem to recall a couple promoting violence against men). Seeing as they have done this:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/09/facebook-deletes-norway-pms-post-napalm-girl-post-row

I wonder if you lot can remind me of some of the page types you reported in the past which FB did nothing about? Always good to have a record of SJW business hypocrisy.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Fcacebook moderation is done entirely by automatic algorithms, if you post an innocent pic of a daisy and enough people flag/complain about it then it will get banned. Post some hardcore pics which none of your audience complain about, then nothing happens.

It will be interesting to see how this approach plays out, there are a lot of middle class desk jobs which require less judgement than moderating a bunch of web pages.

HOLA445
HOLA446

The photo of Kim Phuc is omnne of the most important and influential of the 20th century.

We need to be reminded about what a great threat to democracy this tiny little girl and her village were, and how essential for freedom it was to pour flaming napalm over her.

Don't forget the need to drop a higher tonnage of bombs than during WWII in Europe....

It would have been cheaper to bribe the Vietcong not to fight but wouldn't have made the US military industrial complex rich.

HOLA447

I see Asad Shahs Murderer is being celebrated on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Gazi-Tanveer-Ahmed-Qadri-Sahab-1145736388783665/

I'd encourage all HPCers who want to support secular Muslims go to Facebook and make a complaint about this abnoxious offensive page.

Who knows - for once Osama Bin Zuckerbergs empire might act and take down the page if it isn't too preoccupied harassing sites peacefully critical of Islam or Merkels refugee policy.

YAY that page is down, a mate in the Police got it taken down!

This is from the islamification of europe thread.... It's back up!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Faecesbook is not about common sense or free speech. Your content is now theirs the minute you post it. :huh:

It's also American, and they are very squeamish, about being PC.

What is deleted appears to be random.

HOLA4411

I thought this one would have been the subject of the Facebook thread:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-37312890

Boy keeps putting up naked picture of 14 year old girl. Each time she spots it she complains and then they take it down. He then posts it again and so on.

They think thus is a reasonable response so I hope they lose a lot of money.

If anybody on here posted such a picture it would be an instant ban, not just removal of the picture and letting them repeatedly post it.

HOLA4412

Nothing wrong with pictures of naked 14 year old girls, if the subject is proud of the picture. In fact there is nothing wrong with nakedness. In this case she is being bullied. :wacko:

Arsebook!

HOLA4413

Faecesbook is not about common sense or free speech. Your content is now theirs the minute you post it. :huh:

It's also American, and they are very squeamish, about being PC.

What is deleted appears to be random.

so in the spirit of entrepeneurship, what is to stop an alternative site appearing stating quite explicitly on the T's and C's

No moderation at all here,if you don't like it go elsewhere.

Farcebooks/youtube's revenue would crater.

HOLA4414

so in the spirit of entrepeneurship, what is to stop an alternative site appearing stating quite explicitly on the T's and C's

No moderation at all here,if you don't like it go elsewhere.

Farcebooks/youtube's revenue would crater.

The reason being that anywhere like that on the internet rapidly descends into a small number of people posting a lot of pron which will instantly drive away the other 99% of users.

If you want "normal" people to use a forum / Facebook facility then you have to ensure that they're not going to be repelled by the content and you do that by moderation.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Not looked into face book....glad not missing anything. ;)

Me neither, although my sister likes to keep in contact with people via FB. I just use email.

HOLA4417

I thought this one would have been the subject of the Facebook thread:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-37312890

Boy keeps putting up naked picture of 14 year old girl. Each time she spots it she complains and then they take it down. He then posts it again and so on.

They think thus is a reasonable response so I hope they lose a lot of money.

If anybody on here posted such a picture it would be an instant ban, not just removal of the picture and letting them repeatedly post it.

Why hasn't anyone who knows him gone round and deleted the entire contents of his computer, phone etc with a large deleting device like a hammer.

HOLA4418

Why hasn't anyone who knows him gone round and deleted the entire contents of his computer, phone etc with a large deleting device like a hammer.

From what I hear about sexting and the like amongst school children I get the impression that it's not uncommon though mostly happens on the photo apps ?Snapchat.

From the impression given by the media though I'd have thought the police would have arrested him, cautioned him and put him on the sex offenders list. And that Facebook would have reported it to them.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I logged a complaint again just to get the usual - it doesn't violate our community standards. Have responded pointing out this page celebrates two murderers.

Ah! Ken's lovely recipes! :blink:

HOLA4421

Archived