House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blackholeshine

Never Trust A Financial Consultant?

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/...2000186,00.html

In Saturday's Times David Milne sought financial advice from a 'Times'" money makeover panel despite himself having trained for 2 years as a financial consultant. At present David has a £125,000 interest only mortage and owes £14,360 on credit cards and his basic salary is £18,500. Watch out because this guy is heading out into the world to give financial advice.

I know, it's laughable, I saw an almost identical case study in the Telegraph a couple of weeks back, though I think the figures were particularly horrific.

Cash clinic: pensions adviser wants to make sure that life begins after work

Despite working for a pension provider, Debbie Hildick-Smith from Hove, East Sussex, is concerned about how she will pay for her own retirement.

After a high-earning but stressful career in financial services, her health suffered and Miss Hildick-Smith decided to reduce her working week to three days.

Edited by BuyingBear