House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

Two Five-Bedroom Houses Turned Down As 'too Small' By A Jobless French Migrant Family Of 10 While They Rack Up A £38,400 Hotel Bill At The Taxpayers

Yes still going on.Simply times the number of children by £65 and add £90 for tax credits.For housing benefit do the same again.Add both together.

Once the two child limit kicks in it will cut down on the huge payments like this.The welfare cap doesnt count because he is in education/training/work.

Once the two child limit is in,new claims should get a maximum of £200 a week in tax credits and in most areas outside of London/South east around £120 a week max in housing benefit.(they have the two child limit in housing benefit as well).

Doesnt affect present claims though,only new ones from next April.

Edited by durhamborn

Yes still going on.Simply times the number of children by £65 and add £90 for tax credits.For housing benefit do the same again.Add both together.

Once the two child limit kicks in it will cut down on the huge payments like this.The welfare cap doesnt count because he is in education/training/work.

Once the two child limit is in,new claims should get a maximum of £200 a week in tax credits and in most areas outside of London/South east around £120 a week max in housing benefit.(they have the two child limit in housing benefit as well).

Thanks. Good to know.

Edited by fru-gal

Is housing benefit/LHA also going to be capped at the amount for two children from April or just tax credits?

Yes as far as i know it is.They have also removed the "family element" from tax credits for new claims,in effect every claim loses £10.50 a week.They have also removed the family element in housing benefit.In effect anyone getting housing benefit but in work will lose around £10 a week in housing benefit.(means test kicks in earlier)..

Maximum claim for a family with two children (maximum allowed) from April should be about £200 a week in tax credits without disabled uplifts.Today someone with three children would get roughly £265.

Edited by durhamborn

Originally from Cameroon, Mr Sube moved to France at the age of 18 and moved his family to Britain from France in 2012 so that he could study mental health nursing at the University of Bedfordshire.

The NHS agreed to fund the £27,000 degree for Mr Sube and he uses one of the bedrooms in the home as a gym/office

One of the reasons why we need to pump more money into the NHS?

Geez I'm so glad I'm working my ass off full time, done those undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and paying lots of tax for scum like this. Be off with you. Charity begins at home

Geez I'm so glad I'm working my ass off full time, done those undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and paying lots of tax for scum like this. Be off with you. Charity begins at home

I really wish folks wouldn't start these threads. They are really not good for my blood pressure and health. All us good little worker drones, off we go. To be told that we can't afford the nhs, can't afford to pay you a pension, so need to work longer and longer. Under 25? sorry we can't afford to help you with housing. Single? Ditto. Want to better yourself and get an education? Fifty grand please as we can no longer afford to educate the populace.

Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh. What a fecking country.

Is this per week or month? Because if its per week that means every Somalian family round here with their standard 5 children (I suspect after 5 there is some sort of benefit cut off?) is getting £1,660 a month benefits and another god knows what housing benefit? F*** this country and our politicians.

Is this per week or month? Because if its per week that means every Somalian family round here with their standard 5 children (I suspect after 5 there is some sort of benefit cut off?) is getting £1,660 a month benefits and another god knows what housing benefit? F*** this country and our politicians.

From a quick google, doesn't seem any benefit reduction at all for more children you have at the moment. So maybe 5 is a cultural thing.

and of course in France you have to have paid in to get benefits .... so he came over here instead and complains that the benefits, to which he never contributed, are not good enough.

Yup and it's well known throughout the world.

"Meanwhile pensioners scrape by on a hundred and fifty quid a week after contributing all their lives, it cant be right to give taxpayers money away like this?"

Honestly if/when they start hanging politicians in the street like the traitors they are, I'll happily watch.

Yup and it's well known throughout the world.

"Meanwhile pensioners scrape by on a hundred and fifty quid a week after contributing all their lives, it cant be right to give taxpayers money away like this?"

Honestly if/when they start hanging politicians in the street like the traitors they are, I'll happily watch.

I'll even help

There was a family of asylum seekers living near here - already had 4 kids aged from about 6 to 17.
Then they went and had another. To me this was just taking the p*ss.
The family was perfectly pleasant -I think they were from Chechnya - and the kids were well behaved, but FGS 4 is enough for anybody, particularly when you're dependent on benefits.

They were in a fairly expensive 4 bed house, but the landlady put the rent up and HB would no,longer cover it after the crackdown, and they had to move to a cheaper area.
Someone said they had had baby 5 in order to help with their asylum claim - child born here increasing their chances. Don't know whether that's the case though.

This is a typical Daily Mail story so though it garners rightful distain here in the wider community many can and will just say this is an exception and can be safely ignored. However it'd be interesting to know just how many foreign nationals are having their education paid for by the NHS in the same way i'd like to see just how many families there are like this. 

And they'll be removing the non-UK national clams next.

London will empty.

There's also the cost of the actual visa + nationality. For non-EUers it's around the 3k mark to complete the entire process, it's experienced HPI type inflation over the past decade. If the aim is to level the playing field then EUers will need to absorb the same costs. This might be a more politically palatable route to tighten the screws and get people moving back in the other direction.

This was in the Metro yesterday too (although I don't think they mentioned the £27k NHS bursary). If they don't like what the UK is giving then why not go back to France? Oh yeah, because France would give them the square root of f*ck all. We need to stop this insanity.