House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

What Would Your World Record Be In ?

Fastest 5k run at 9am the morning after drinking 10+ pints. Honestly I reckon I would be at Olympic level.

lets take Mo Farah for example.

Firstly - he doesnt drink.

Secondly - if he tried to I doubt he would even be able to reach ten pints.

And finally - if he did manage it - he would probably be in hospital the next morning.

The above - I am being deadly serious btw !!

Fastest 5k run at 9am the morning after drinking 10+ pints. Honestly I reckon I would be at Olympic level.

And finally - if he did manage it - he would probably be in hospital the next morning.

I think you've got to firm up on your rules there ? Are you talking Guiness or some weak lager like Tennants ? Also timing ?

Realistically, it would be the 10 pinter and the 5km run Biathlon. Can you see anyone taking the option on the "+" ?

Tennants at 4.2% after 10 pints is enough for most lithe fast runner types to be floored !!

None of your famous all day drinking sessions though, you'd have to pack them in after 6pm.

I think going for a run the day after one of those would put me at risk of a coronary !!

I read that as 'I quite like the idea of being banged by the horse while on fire record.'

I not sure what that says about what I think of your posts or what it says about me :lol:

There's some real would ccc? conundrums on that daily mail page

3805DCF700000578-3778734-image-a-30_1473

would ccc?

3801317F00000578-3778734-image-a-44_1473

would ccc?

Holy ****** !!

Second one probably :)

....ignoring all advertisements and marketing overload....unsolicited aggravation, spam, junk, and rubbish....not buying named/ branded stuff unless someone I know and trust has recommended it.....I don't want it, don't need it....get lost. ;)

At University, as a rower, we'd have an end of term competition involving a 500m ergo sprint followed by necking a pint in one. You were disqualified if you didn't neck the pint in one. The real men could do about 1.21-1.25 and neck a pint, but the one International rower who could pull about 1.18 could never neck the pint, in fact normally his combined time for the distance and necking the pint was slower than the the guys in the low 1.20 range. I suspect he got he faster 3-7 seconds performance from not drinking most of the time.

BTW, if you want a bit of fun do give this a try, the worst cases were the hyperventilators.

At University, as a rower, we'd have an end of term competition involving a 500m ergo sprint followed by necking a pint in one. You were disqualified if you didn't neck the pint in one. The real men could do about 1.21-1.25 and neck a pint, but the one International rower who could pull about 1.18 could never neck the pint, in fact normally his combined time for the distance and necking the pint was slower than the the guys in the low 1.20 range. I suspect he got he faster 3-7 seconds performance from not drinking most of the time.

BTW, if you want a bit of fun do give this a try, the worst cases were the hyperventilators.

Even better fun: dongola regattas on the Isis. The winning team from each knock-out round has to knock back a pint. The further you get into the competition, the more serious the competitors, and yet, the more pi$$ed they are. Took the trophy one year and reported back to the principal straight away. Obviously we weren't hammered sufficiently as we were rewarded for our success with yet more booze. Happy days!