House Price Crash Forum
GloomMonger

Affordable Coastal Towns - The Comments Don't Agree

All these articles have one thing in common, they are written by journalists, and journalists were targeted as investors in the early days of buy to let.

That's what's so clever about it, get journalists on board as investors and they will do all the selling/ramping for you. They don't even have to declare a vested interest and they're not giving financial advice...... or are they?

I spent a lot of time in North Berwick as a kid. I always dreamnt that one day I might get to live there. 400k for a house there now, I cant even afford lunch there. I am so glad to see the rage in the comments.

****** the banks and ****** all these idiots who have done this to us.

My daily trawl on right move of a seaside town oop north reveals that of the five new listings, three are reductions. One of these is a newbuild, not seen newbuilds openly being reduced before

He seriously put Hove down as affordable. :blink:

This comment is worth quoting. :lol:

I'm not saying the reporter is out of touch with the great British public, but his other 3 choices making it a top 10 were St Tropez, Monte Carlo and Atlantis.

In his list of affordable seaside towns, he left out the most obvious choice, Jaywick.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaywick

Blythe, Skiningrove, Redcar???

I just cant be ar5ed with this sort of Chournalism.

Journos wonder why people dont buy newspapers any more - its the internet they shout. Then they write sh1t like this.

As a reply to Jaywick!

Peak is fcking cold and has perma cloud but, Jaywick?????

Ha! The reference was more like, as a list of seaside towns that have at some point been seen as a good investment...

Ha! The reference was more like, as a list of seaside towns that have at some point been seen as a good investment...

Me thinks it still is to some. Have a look on rightmove at the crazy asking prices in ravenscar. Mind, they ain't shifting them

Me thinks it still is to some. Have a look on rightmove at the crazy asking prices in ravenscar. Mind, they ain't shifting them

Peaks only suitable for Polar bears who can drive.

It really is fcking cold and damp and windy.

And the gentle stroll down to the sandy beach....

Saying that, the stretch from Stationdale to Cloughton is like the lost world. ~8 miles of land, 3 miles deep from main road that noone goes in. You drop another Scarborough in that arwa and not notice it.

Peaks only suitable for Polar bears who can drive.

It really is fcking cold and damp and windy.

And the gentle stroll down to the sandy beach....

Saying that, the stretch from Stationdale to Cloughton is like the lost world. ~8 miles of land, 3 miles deep from main road that noone goes in. You drop another Scarborough in that arwa and not notice it.

Afaict, it's full of older incomers no one local and in their right mind would live there. Mind, boggle hole is fantastic for winkles.

Afaict, it's full of older incomers no one local and in their right mind would live there. Mind, boggle hole is fantastic for winkles.

Christ.

Half of boro was down there in the 80s, pickjing them and p1ssing back off to boil them and sell them down the Pubs in Linthorpe.

Cheaper to pick your nose. Stick to Carlins, much nicer.

Christ.

Half of boro was down there in the 80s, pickjing them and p1ssing back off to boil them and sell them down the Pubs in Linthorpe.

Cheaper to pick your nose. Stick to Carlins, much nicer.

Lol. Tbh, I've not been winkling since I was a kid and there was just me and dad there he loved em for tea on a Saturday. Can't believe that the idiots from boro had the nounce to actually find the place, it's a bit off the beaten track

Lol. Tbh, I've not been winkling since I was a kid and there was just me and dad there he loved em for tea on a Saturday. Can't believe that the idiots from boro had the nounce to actually find the place, it's a bit off the beaten track

There was a handful.

Lifted up tonnes on Sat morning, sold them Sat night.

Most moved onto heroin.....

Winkles - gateway drug!

He seriously put Hove down as affordable. :blink:

This comment is worth quoting. :lol:

Jeff said

I'm not saying the reporter is out of touch with the great British public, but his other 3 choices making it a top 10 were St Tropez, Monte Carlo and Atlantis.

Mark Dorman Journalist... aka The Man From Atlantis

This vids script was better written

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/id-like-to-be-right-by-the-sea-seven-of-the-112752171.html

The article is yet more media ramping but the comments read like HPC on roids. I can feel the anger. Good to see we are not alone.

Affordable - don't make me laugh.

It's such a crooked headline. Just about every comment more or less tells them that as well.

Edited by billybong