House Price Crash Forum
ItalianV6

Bbc Inside Out London - Post Brexit Housing

Sorry, I dont watch the BBC since BrExit.

The level of propaganda has got out of hand.

They seem to think "confidence" is all that matters.

Maybe when it comes to investment scams it is.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

A few interesting bits:

The woman from Estates Gazette research said that their data is showing that 'for new properties in London sales have pretty much halved'

An EA talking about the increase in foreign buyers said (face forlorn) 'of course, the uplift in foreign investors coming from abroad in no way makes up for the fall in the number of English purchasers we have seen in the market'

They show a zoopla listing for a flat at Battersea that has been reduced from £1.7m to £1.15m with big red -32% overlay

Henry Pryor (in cream suit) on luxury new build flats and developers: 'Brexit for them has been a nightmare...massive oversupply...I consider it to be highly toxic..I wouldn't touch these new builds with anyone's barge pole'

Much of it is the uncut version of the EA fluff piece about foreign buyers that was posted yesterday but it is more balanced. It's a silly piece in places, and still has panicked EA fluff but there's a lot of negativity about the state of the market. It wouldn't make me confident if I was thinking about buying in London.

I remember seeing very similar features on Spanish tv as their market started to crash. Scenes of foreign buyers being shown around new developments and enticed by "bargain" prices. I laughed when one agent talked of a huge foreign interest while "British buyers hung back."

I'm still not totally convinced that the govt won't engineer more "demand", but it's looking like things are reaching a crossroads.

A few interesting bits:

The woman from Estates Gazette research said that their data is showing that 'for new properties in London sales have pretty much halved'

An EA talking about the increase in foreign buyers said (face forlorn) 'of course, the uplift in foreign investors coming from abroad in no way makes up for the fall in the number of English purchasers we have seen in the market'

They show a zoopla listing for a flat at Battersea that has been reduced from £1.7m to £1.15m with big red -32% overlay

Henry Pryor (in cream suit) on luxury new build flats and developers: 'Brexit for them has been a nightmare...massive oversupply...I consider it to be highly toxic..I wouldn't touch these new builds with anyone's barge pole'

Much of it is the uncut version of the EA fluff piece about foreign buyers that was posted yesterday but it is more balanced. It's a silly piece in places, and still has panicked EA fluff but there's a lot of negativity about the state of the market. It wouldn't make me confident if I was thinking about buying in London.

£1.15 million for a flat in Battersea. A figure so big that it is hard to believe - you need to be earning £180k p.a at least to buy that - how many people do that.

£1.15 million for a flat in Battersea. A figure so big that it is hard to believe - you need to be earning £180k p.a at least to buy that - how many people do that.

In London.

No end of people.

All supported by QE.

Good, I think Inside Out has been traditionally more balanced than the usual BBC outlets.

I think the very end of the piece showed a young lady, who basically said she was stalling as a result of being afraid of negative equity. It looks like a bit more common sense is entering the market.

A few interesting bits:

Much of it is the uncut version of the EA fluff piece about foreign buyers that was posted yesterday but it is more balanced. It's a silly piece in places, and still has panicked EA fluff but there's a lot of negativity about the state of the market. It wouldn't make me confident if I was thinking about buying in LondoN