House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Which Other Languages Can You Speak?

I loved languages at school and it's one of my biggest regrests that I let my French amd Spanish lapse.

I can still do a passable German and I'm currently picking up Spanish again through the Michel Thomas course. I think after this one I'll do Italian, then either Dutch or something more challenging like Russian. But never French again. I hate French.

Conversational Fgxdgndnzdgfn.

Aw - so I'm clearly not the only one who's been hitting-on Pinny's sister then...!

XYY

Gdofhgpoi gerojgrego gri g er oo okgjdfkdjfg erergrg arsеhole.

Agreed mate - I too enjoyed tonight's documentary about Keith Vaz on Finnish TV...

XYY

O levels French and German. Can't say I remember much. Didn't come in very handy in the middle east.

French -lived there for two years. I lived in Japan for 6 months, that is one tough language (for an English speaker) just about managed to order things in restaurants and ask directions.

I've got GCSE French and German, but that's a complete waste of time. My French was better then and got a bit better when I spent 15 months there a few years ago. It reached the point where I could just about manage a conversation if the other person was very patient, but I couldn't do so now.