House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Well, That Was A Bit Of Luck....

Was reviewing all my savings accounts they're all fixed rates till 2018 at least now!!!

Some of them at 3%, even got a 3.5% ISA with a good amount of cash in it.

So that savings rate fall looks like having 0 impact on me for the next 18 months.

The Santander drop is a bit of a pain, but I came across a Nationwide account that you can get 5% in for £500 pcm, for 12 months

That the few quid I made on the BrExit bounce and it's happy days all round.

Just going to sit back and watch now...

Or make up any losses by spending less and saving more. ;)

The time for that is long gone.

it's quite evident TPTB wont stop till another collapse happens now.

Either they dont see it, they really dont care or it is planned.

They've keep the plates spinning longer than I thought they could but now they've got 0% IRs to go, then they might get away with a small -ve rate, maybe 0.25%...and can use BrExit as an excuse at every turn.

As my bonds mature that money will be going elsewhere out the UK.

It's a logistical nightmare at the mo, 20+ savings accounts, 10 Isas, 4 current accounts, NS and I bonds/certs.

Maybe 1 house woulda been better :lol:

Saving more means saving more on expenditure.......do you need to buy? or do you want to buy? a property that is. ;)

No, I went past that point about 3/4 years ago when the government brought in HTB/FLS. I was so shocked by this for me the only course of action now is to get out of the UK permanently.

Watching the EAs become bullish again and the glee of the homeowners who'd be bailed out by my taxes, my savings and my childrens future was too much to take.

I want no part of the UK and it's housing bubble.

To buy a house is to support the government's policies, the boomers who've wrecked the economy and the bankers who have profited from it.

I'll keep banking the money while it's on offer but eventually, soon, it'll be time to go before the next phase down happens.

At that point itheir only course of action will be all out theft of peoples money .

You can see it coming already with this chatter of "cash is bad"...."e-cash is good".

The other thing is when we get optional personal pensions become mandatory....which is tax...but worse than that it'll be tax going directly into the pockets of the london spivs.

If that happens you know the pension schemes are bankrupt and when that baby blows there will be a lot of trouble.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

No, I went past that point about 3/4 years ago when the government brought in HTB/FLS. I was so shocked by this for me the only course of action now is to get out of the UK permanently.

Watching the EAs become bullish again and the glee of the homeowners who'd be bailed out by my taxes, my savings and my childrens future was too much to take.

To buy a house is to support the government's policies, the boomers who've wrecked the economy and the bankers who have profited from it.

I'll keep banking the money while it's on offer but eventually, soon, it'll be time to go before the next phase down happens.

At that point itheir only course of action will be all out theft of peoples money .

You can see it coming already with this chatter of "cash is bad"...."e-cash is good".

The other thing is when we get optional personal pensions become mandatory....which is tax...but worse than that it'll be tax going directly into the pockets of the london spivs.

If that happens you know the pension schemes are bankrupt and when that baby blows there will be a lot of trouble.

The only problem is that since Oct 2007 sterling is down

USD -36.1%
Yen -42.3%
Euro -17.3%
CAD -13.3%
CHF -21.3%
AUD -45.9%

Not all places in the UK have rip off prices......find a good landlord and rents for the right tenant will be both cheap and secure.....

Buying overseas is an option.....but as mentioned the pound is weak...very weak. ;)

The only problem is that since Oct 2007 sterling is down

USD -36.1%
Yen -42.3%
Euro -17.3%
CAD -13.3%
CHF -21.3%
AUD -45.9%

The Chinese/Ozzies/Canadians currency will soon be worth much less.

The USD is worthless IMHO...the money printing is a major issue for them...at some point TSWHTF

Same for me, although I still occasionally hope that things will change in the UK. Otherwise, I don't want to play in the UK housing ponzi!

It's a logistical nightmare at the mo, 20+ savings accounts, 10 Isas, 4 current accounts, NS and I bonds/certs.

One of the advantages of holding equities is that it's less hassle than trying to keep on top of savings accounts. I've got shares that I bought two decades ago - and all I've had to do is collect the dividends. If I'd opened "market leading" bank accounts 20 years ago and just sat back, the only person to have done well would be the bank!

Yeah - but if you'd stuck your wonga in one of those accounts - how long would the rate have lasted and what would you be getting now? IME, if you don't keep alert, your previously "high interest" account will change to 0.00000001% as soon as you turn your back. And these days with AML and KYC, it's a thorough pain in the **** to move money around.

We wont see that again....till we do.

Imagine telling someone in 1990, we'd have 0% IRs.

They've have gone all in in property.....

Well if saving rates were high.....debt rates were even higher......credit was not so easy & property prices were falling. ;)

The Chinese/Ozzies/Canadians currency will soon be worth much less.

The USD is worthless IMHO...the money printing is a major issue for them...at some point TSWHTF

Imagine ça... you wd hv converted GBP to the same "worthless" USD at 2.0 or 1.5 more recently. Otherwise, don't forget credit is money. This then wd explain why USD has rallied (and will still do so) against most other currencies over the past 8 years or so. Debt must be repaid and the biggest debt currency is? Answers on the postcard s'il vous plaît ;). The velocity and all that... We won't be at that some point until after a deflationary collapse when the government proper will take over money supply from the w@nkers.

Aren't saving deposit rates circa 10% the other side of the same coin?

Houses were a sensible multiple of wages, yet inflation was eroding day to day spending power at an alarming rate on essentials like food and heating

The time for that is long gone.

it's quite evident TPTB wont stop till another collapse happens now.

Either they dont see it, they really dont care or it is planned.

They've keep the plates spinning longer than I thought they could but now they've got 0% IRs to go, then they might get away with a small -ve rate, maybe 0.25%...and can use BrExit as an excuse at every turn.

As my bonds mature that money will be going elsewhere out the UK.

Sounds exhausting. Are you invested all in £s or a spread of currencies.