House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

longtomsilver

Recommendations For A Cash Back/incentive Credit Card Please.

As title suggests MrsLTS requirwa a personal credit card for expenses that the company reimburses on a week by week bases. Spend will be high as it involves overseas travel and hotels.

Thank you.

I only use Amex cashback (blue) card and a Tesco Mastercard for points.

My experience with the 0% balance transfer rubbish has always been that there is some loophole which means they charge.

Both of mine are free of charge and give a good reward on our spend. I often receive invitations from these and other companies to upgrade but they all want money to do that. The free of charge route with cashback or points we can convert give a good return for us.

Amex is 0.5% on first 3.5k, 1% then up to 7.5k and 1.25% over.

We have cut back on our spending but it is still over £30k so the rewards are not insubstantial.

I've got a dual Barclaycard thing, with an AMEX and visa card on one account.

I get 1℅ cash back on the AMEX card, and 0.5% on the visa.

So you use the AMEX wherever it's accepted, and the Visa is for all the places that won't pay the AMEX fees.

So you use the AMEX wherever it's accepted, and the Visa is for all the places that won't pay the AMEX fees.

Same. I think mine was 1.5% initially when it started out as an Egg card back in 2008, then was Citi and now Barclaycard. Also used to offer a decent interest rate on positive balances... they keep watering it down but its still good compared to what else is out there.

Is that the Platinum Cashback Everyday Card? It's both visa/Amex?

1% looks like a great incentive.

I use MBNA rewards - I've had a lot of free sh1t from it. It's a dual card as well (Amex/Visa). Currently got about £300 worth of points sitting in the locker to blow on something or other.

BA American Express, especially if overseas travel involves flights with BA/One world.

Rack up Avoid, spend more than 10k in a year and you'll get a free companion voucher. With a bit of planning you'll both get a free business class flight somewhere.

If it appeals, check the BA forum on flyertalk for the way forward.

BA American Express, especially if overseas travel involves flights with BA/One world.

Rack up Avios, spend more than 10k in a year and you'll get a free companion voucher. With a bit of planning you'll both get a free business class flight somewhere.

If it appeals, check the BA forum on flyertalk for the way forward.