House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce Banner

Cameron And Osborne - The Important Things In Life

”’This is terribly awkward,’ he admitted. ‘The thing is... George has for so long had his eye on Dorneywood... He’s very close to me... Would you mind if he used Dorneywood instead of you?’

“He then proposed that I share the foreign secretary’s traditional grace-and-favour countryside retreat, Chevening, rather than Dorneywood, which was ordinarily used by the number two in government.

“I was a bit taken aback. I thought he wanted to ask me something important. It hadn’t really occurred to me that I might get a retreat to use at weekends, still less that there was any great distinction between one or the other.

“Cameron’s plea suggested that Osborne had been measuring up the curtains for years.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/cameron-urged-clegg-to-let-osborne-have-mansion-he-had-his-eye-on_uk_57cb0555e4b09f5b5e3697c5

Seems to me that all these smug political b@stards should have less grace and favour and live more like the poor sods they represent.

Isn't the point of those places supposed to be for use when entertaining VIPs from around the world? Anything from the kind of big summit meeting that's happening now in China, down to (say) bilateral chats with the French about problems at Calais?

Perhaps those places should be booked by ministers per-occasion rather than allocated?

“.... I thought he wanted to ask me something important."

“Cameron’s plea suggested that Osborne had been measuring up the curtains for years.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/cameron-urged-clegg-to-let-osborne-have-mansion-he-had-his-eye-on_uk_57cb0555e4b09f5b5e3697c5

It might not seem important to Clegg, but when you own a major luxury soft furnishings company, kitting out a gaff like that can mean serious wedge.

I count 27 pairs on these two elevations alone.:

57cb1aac160000231cc006e0.jpeg