House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bedsprings

Silly Rosie Millard Sees Some Sense

I know she's really silly, and I shouldn't take any notice of the drivel that she writes, but the following article was quite encouraging:

http://money.independent.co.uk/personal_fi...ticle339979.ece

Reading betwen the lines she & Mr Millard are also trying to sell their main residence and can't...

She p*sses me off, her whole attitude, her stupidity, her.

I know she's really silly, and I shouldn't take any notice of the drivel that she writes, but the following article was quite encouraging:

http://money.independent.co.uk/personal_fi...ticle339979.ece

Reading betwen the lines she & Mr Millard are also trying to sell their main residence and can't...

I hope next week we get an article giving the truth of the selling situation for her (oops the banks) flat. But i doubt it.

Any fool knew the solution to her problem was to sell one of her properties. You don't need Alvin hall to tell you that, but for Rosie it took Alvin to tell her that before she saw sense. Having never met Alvin, she would have held on to the property like many, many others in her position will continue to do until it's too late and then the rug is pulled from under them. I think we have at least another 3 years of holding on before the house of cards all comes tumbling down in one fell swoop. I agree with the Fred Harrison, 2009/10 timeline for the crash.

I know its not kind, but people like her in the media are so complicite in this whole sorry mess that I am hoping she chases the market down and we get a blow by blow account. Its character building.

I know its not kind, but people like her in the media are so complicite in this whole sorry mess that I am hoping she chases the market down and we get a blow by blow account. Its character building.

Isn't that another word for soul destroying? I wouldn't worry about the Rosie's of this world, her various columns and TV appearances would make up for the entire loss of her portfolio, in fact the greater the train crash the greater her prospects. I think she's 'gearing' herself up quite nicely for this, when the time comes she shall be there sifting over the rubble much like those dispossessed dotcom'ers of yester-year that have nothing to show for their efforts but a cool skateboard, an old style iMac and Aeron... not to mention a plush book contract so they can bare all.

She could be the follow on from Rich Dad for all those downtrodden and repossessed BTL'ers looking for their next road to riches, she will be their new shepherd in the form of "that's why the lady is a tramp". The first chapter of her 'road to sucess' book will concern itself with finding a means to scrape together the £500 bankruptcy fee.

Her second chapter will cover the safe storage of crude oil in the basement and how to ensure prompt delivery to Heathrow, as this is safer than hedging crude oil on contract by avoiding the risks of 'paper' and the 'stock market', especially risky when the money is yours and not borrowed, hard (or liquidy) assets are best.

The third chapter will cover the basics of selling your soul to TV, newspapers and publishers, and how to package the rights in the most leveraged fashion.

Edited by BuyingBear

Isn't that another word for soul destroying? I wouldn't worry about the Rosie's of this world...

She could be the follow on from Rich Dad for all those downtrodden and repossessed BTL'ers looking for their next road to riches, she will be their new shepherd in the form of "that's why the lady is a tramp". The first chapter of her 'road to sucess' book will concern itself with finding a means to scrape together the £500 bankruptcy fee.

Her second chapter will cover the safe storage of crude oil in the basement and how to ensure prompt delivery to Heathrow, as this is safer than hedging crude oil on contract by avoiding the risks of 'paper' and the 'stock market', especially risky when the money is yours and not borrowed, hard (or liquidy) assets are best.

The third chapter will cover the basics of selling your soul to TV, newspapers and publishers, and how to package the rights in the most leveraged fashion.

Buying Bear. I'm just bitter and twisted. Thats the problem with these trendy types. They are not trendy or creative at all, just good at timing, lots of background support, nick everyone elses idea and with the clout and Bullsh*t baffles Brains to jump in before the main wave and pretend that they thought of it first.

Once enough critical mass has build up yes she too will join the ever increasing number of bankrupts, and it will do her street cred all the good in the world, and well be going "ah, Rosie, but she had it so hard"!!! Its like those students I used to know with rich parent but they were "so poor". Fact that daddy would give them an allowance 2x what the student allowance was was disallowed on the fact that it was considered politically incorrect to judge people by their obvious circumstances. Only their narrative.

Your right of course. No such thing as character building. You have to rely on your own resources for that. And as for selling her soul. Spot on again. Its already on a vintage clothing rack. (How long do you reckon till we will start to see trendy soup kitchens for the hard up of Notting Hill - 7 quid a bowl, 10 with prawns, side salad 2.50 extra?)

Your right of course. No such thing as character building. You have to rely on your own resources for that. And as for selling her soul. Spot on again. Its already on a vintage clothing rack. (How long do you reckon till we will start to see trendy soup kitchens for the hard up of Notting Hill - 7 quid a bowl, 10 with prawns, side salad 2.50 extra?)

Ourch :lol:

"I've been helping the poor, I sat there helping Rosie cut her credit cards up, we got through the first 200 and then gave up. She had to walk all the way to Primrose Hill, poor girl, what is the world coming to?"

Two minutes of my life wasted reading her article. She has a cash flow problem and too many overpriced expensive to run housing assets. Anyone awake can see this is going to be a bad wreck after a storm.

She p*sses me off, her whole attitude, her stupidity, her.

Me too.

why does she drop that line in about 'buying a trendy bed spread' from the White company. She's always name checking to big-up her 'urbanite lifestyle' either that or they bung her free stuff!

Guest struthitsruth
"My greatest fear for you is that you will hang on and hang on to these properties," he says.

Here's hoping she does(n't have a choice) :P:P:P

Alvin's book What Not to Spend is a good read, I bought copies for my kids. It's not that he's saying anything truly original, but he is the Mr Motivator of the money world, and focuses on the empowerment that comes with controlling personal finances. Rosie could have just read that, but Oh not she, she has to go and meet him in a hotel. Grubby slapper.

:o

I suspect you will see that, Elizabeth.

Rosie is so caught up in the mass psychology, sheeplike behaviour seems absolutely characteristic of her behaviour. So holding on, and always hoping for a better price as the market falls, seems to be just what we will see. Her reactions to the mix of price slides and EA spin, will be very interesting to watch.

Pity we dont get the initimate look into the thinking and behaviour of Kirstie, that other iconic female property beast.

i would love to watch a three way debate watch these tow being taken apart by Merryn Somerset-Webb, that icon of common sense, and market savy

Would it be like the mud wrestling fights I`ve seen in Thailand? My money is on Merryn, I reckon she keeps fit :P

BTW is this our Rosie?

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Trailer/5735/

Edited by Converted Lurker

hear hear!

...I'd be temped to buy one off her in a couple of years for cash at an outrageous discount!...and then sell my story to the paper on it's fortunes on a weekly basis.

not really for my own financial gain but just to rub the silly tart's nose in it!!

The article's worth a read, not that it says anything we didn't already know...

But Alvin goes for the jugular: you're over-leveraged. No "well you've got a load of equity", assuming she has - that doesn't get a mention AT ALL. Just the stark one-liner - you're over-leveraged.

If this little truth really sinks in with the BTLers they SHOULD run for the lifeboats. I rather suspect most of them are too stupid, or too foolishly optimistic, to do that.

But Alvin goes for the jugular: you're over-leveraged. No "well you've got a load of equity", assuming she has - that doesn't get a mention AT ALL. Just the stark one-liner - you're over-leveraged.

Err, does she have a lot of equity? Being over-leveraged means she owns nothing but a load of debt, the bank own 90% of the property and she has the remaining 10%.

P.S. I think I'm being rather generous with those numbers.

Edited by BuyingBear

If this little truth really sinks in with the BTLers they SHOULD run for the lifeboats. I rather suspect most of them are too stupid, or too foolishly optimistic, to do that.

BUT!!! how many of these same BTL's who were influenced by the likes of this woman to buy,are going to be influenced to sell in the same manner.....LOTS I SUSPECT.

In fact,Alvin has done all of us a huge favour.

he is very highly respected,doesn't pull his punches and has just blown the economic reasoning of an influential BTL icon to pieces.

people will read and take note...and the more they take note,the more properties will come up for sale.

.....looks like march is on for the flood,and early summer we watch the titanic start to sink.

....oh and there aren't enough lifeboats for everybody...and that's one boat you really won't want to miss!!

Alvin, here quoting Thoreau, puts it thus: "Simplify, simplify, simplify." Isn't that great? Here we are, grubbing around in the basement of my current account, and he brings in one of the American greats. I told you he was a class act. An act, but classy. "My greatest fear for you is that you will hang on and hang on to these properties," he says. I can't do anything much other than mutely nod. "Then in six years, there might be a property pull-back and you will be forced to have a fire sale because you cannot rent it out. You just have to let go. It will probably be one of the most difficult emotional decisions to make, but it will be one of the smartest. Because holding on is not rational and it is not benefiting you at this time in your life."

6 years? It will be a lot sooner than that :lol:

6 years? It will be a lot sooner than that :lol:

Alvin was obviously being kind, he knows full well about the property market, he rented in New York and didn't buy until the market was on its knees in the 80's. He covered this in some depth in a book/article, it was on here a while back.

Rosie is so caught up in the mass psychology, sheeplike behaviour seems absolutely characteristic of her behaviour. So holding on, and always hoping for a better price as the market falls, seems to be just what we will see. Her reactions to the mix of price slides and EA spin, will be very interesting to watch.

Pity we dont get the initimate look into the thinking and behaviour of Kirstie, that other iconic female property beast.

i would love to watch a three way debate watch these tow being taken apart by Merryn Somerset-Webb, that icon of common sense, and market savy

Dr Bubb your right, but what gets me is how anyone could get emotional over an investment property. I mean, you don't live their, the walls are magnolia, and the furniture, if you provide it, is not exactly what you would buy for your own home (although I once in the distant past had a landlady who did, very nice lady, very nice frilly lounge). Its not your home, its just a way of building up reserves of exchange (money) and if your a good and decent person, doing it in a professional and respectful way (ie. fixing the roof)... and maybe dinner party cudos ("well, I have this little investment property").

But this ridiculous attachment to the place is part of the same thing I was talking about in the Money Moaners column, the fantasy of security while your reality is going down the sink.

I would also be interested in Kirstie's intimate moments. Do all property investment journalists have the same mental disorder?

I would love to watch a three way debate watch these two being taken apart by Merryn Somerset-Webb, that icon of common sense, and market savy

No sympathy for Rosie. Ha! Ha! Ha!

I'd love the debate too. Only one has any brains and can think for herself.

(For those who don't know, Merryn Somerset-Webb leads etc. for Money Week, and also features in the Sunday Times.)