House Price Crash Forum

Property118: My Buy To Let Properties Are Being Undervalued?

Fairyland

HOLA441

If true, this should help you beat Monday blues.

My Buy to Let properties are being undervalued?

Has anyone else been finding that valuers are undervaluing properties for remortgage purposes. They seem to have gone from one extreme to the other.

Do10wgXxBu.jpg

I am currently remortgaging 4 properties one of which I know I could sell for 90k easy, and a valuer has just said 72k!!

There are no houses in this area for less than 80k and they need serious work mine has just been redone throughout. Another I have a bungalow worth 150k on the market and a valuation came back at £135k. It seems completely random, but as if they have some agenda.

Very frustrating when trying to achieve 75% equity. I remember the glory days when they just asked what you thought it was worth and agreed with you!

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

There are possibly new lower speed limits outside these houses so the drive by valuers are seeing more flaws in the houses. There should be a minimum speed limit for drive by valuers of 50mph that overrides local maximum speed restrictions, in the national economic interest of course.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

This is big news. We have a dead canary in the coal mine, folks. One bright yellow canary with beautiful plumage has joined the choir invisible.

This 'property investor's portfolio is turning to dust before her very eyes and she thinks it's just a valuator making shorely shome mishtake. Er, no. No mistake. Your property really IS worth a lot less now than it was.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Had almost stopped laughing....but i've started again....

Why do you think you will stop laughing anytime in the next 5 years? This entire story is just going to keep on giving (see my signature)..

Edited by eek

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Have to allow for falling prices. ;)

This site is just full of a bunch of losers.

We might have all the cash. but the BTLers have got the houses...

They'll rent out the houses and get all the cash..

What do you mean, you're leaving the UK for good....

....STILL LAUGHING. :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4418

This site is just full of a bunch of losers.

We might have all the cash. but the BTLers have got the houses...

They'll rent out the houses and get all the cash..

What do you mean, you're leaving the UK for good....

....STILL LAUGHING. :lol::lol::lol:

Continue laughing...

https://www.property118.com/may-possibly-default-buy-let-properties/90246/

F***ing criminals. They should be jailed

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Unbelievable!

And as usual, even if they have been model tenants, the poor tenant is the one who gets the kick up the backside, via an eviction notice!

See my post http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/205642-btl-scum-regrouping-and-on-the-offensive-merged/?p=1103092359 but the advice he's being giving is rubbish and he is potentially far more screwed than he thinks he is...

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

This does sound a nightmare, so I do feel for the guy. (that and he is clearly a contractor as I used to be - probably in IT as well)

But then, I'd love to know how exactly he got into that situation. I don't know Liverpool too well but haven't houseprices up there remained largely static since the 2008 crash, but that is static, not falling, so how did he get 200k in debt? The old equity as next deposit trick to doom, or something else.

Makes a bit of a mockery of the 118 post about how being into BTL whilst renting is the best way to be - sounds like its turning into a disaster for this chap.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I know a couple of people that got stung buying in manchester in 2007...they lost a fortune and ended up getting a divorce.

it seems many people dont learn from history

I do actually feel sorry for many of these people.

Wait till the actual crash comes....

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4425

This does sound a nightmare, so I do feel for the guy. (that and he is clearly a contractor as I used to be - probably in IT as well)

But then, I'd love to know how exactly he got into that situation. I don't know Liverpool too well but haven't houseprices up there remained largely static since the 2008 crash, but that is static, not falling, so how did he get 200k in debt? The old equity as next deposit trick to doom, or something else.

Makes a bit of a mockery of the 118 post about how being into BTL whilst renting is the best way to be - sounds like its turning into a disaster for this chap.

Given that in 2005 (albeit in the North East) I decided not to do any BTLers as there was no plausible upside left - I really don't have any sympathy.

I reckon High end means New Build with all the "unexpected" side effects that come from that...