House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jiltedjen

Rightmove Advert

Just seen a rightmove advert, where a flower is shown to grow, and then bloom into a red flower with distinctive white flashes.

I think some advertising person has had a bit of a laugh with this:

during the Tulip Mania people went crazy for tulips, the most expensive tulip was a red flower which actually had a disease which caused distinctive loss of colouration (white flashes).

Whoever put that advert together, i got your joke on rightmoves behalf! well done!

Reminds me of that Conservative election poster featuring a photo that literally turned out to be the road to Weimar:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tories-use-picture-of-german-road-in-road-to-recovery-election-poster-9956206.html

Conservative%20election%20poster%202015.

By the way, where's erranta these days?

Edited by Dorkins

I found the talk over very much 'bubble talk' the insane ramblings of people trying to justify buying a house which is grossly over priced.

seems to much of a coincidence to me. whoever you are advert guy/gal well done. Really clever to get that through.

I would leave a comment on the video to point it out but don't have a google account, if anyone else wants to!

Edited by jiltedjen

Also the voice over doesn't account for as much of the population anymore, people aren't having kids.

One source of many: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/07/smart-women-not-having-kids

They maternity wards show paint a different picture however, the article only says that "smart women" aren't having kids. But don't worry the "smart" women can go to work in full time jobs to pay the benefits of the not so smart women who are having lots of kids.

Him - It's like when you put a plant in a bigger pot.

Her - Just blossoms?

Him - Yeaaah.

---

So what happens when you put "plants" in the tiniest "pots" in europe if not the world?

Edited by billybong

From the voice over: "The cherry tree was in bloom"

Cherry tree = Japan = Deflation confirmed for the next 20 years.

Did I do it right? :unsure:

Good try.

To perfect the technique next time, perhaps try to make less sense, and insert some pseudo-random colours instead.

Next stop Hyperinflation, population 60 million?

according to deagel.com it'll be hyperinflation and about 19 million by 2025