House Price Crash Forum

Keith Vaz - Evidence Based Policies

Frank Hovis

HOLA441
Guest TheBlueCat

Maybe, Vaz, as a supporter of Smith, Vaz's constituency backs Owen Smith, has been thrown to the lions by the Corbynites to be a high profile warning to others - tow the line or else your skeletons will come out too..

I think this is a long standing tactic in parliament used by whips as much as the back room boys & girls - do what we tell you or we'll tip the press off....

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I think this is a long standing tactic in parliament used by whips as much as the back room boys & girls - do what we tell you or we'll tip the press off....

Yes it is. You could say that it might even pay to have a few skeletons if you hanker after being given a pompous position.

And of course, it's not just a tactic used in politics. You don't want someone squeaky clean in a high position as they are beyond control.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Yes it is. You could say that it might even pay to have a few skeletons if you hanker after being given a pompous position.

And of course, it's not just a tactic used in politics. You don't want someone squeaky clean in a high position as they are beyond control.

control by whom?...certainly not the controlled, as it is they who are the threat if told about the filfth...

HOLA445

control by whom?...certainly not the controlled, as it is they who are the threat if told about the filfth...

Ask David Icke :lol:

In a corrupt organisation, if you want to get your way, put a vulnerable, expendable stooge in a high office, someone who likes the position and needs to do your bidding to keep it. It is always a short position though.

HOLA446

Ask David Icke :lol:

In a corrupt organisation, if you want to get your way, put a vulnerable, expendable stooge in a high office, someone who likes the position and needs to do your bidding to keep it. It is always a short position though.

Oddly enough, when this story broke I wandered over to the Icke forums to have a nose but they seem to have gone quite quiet on a few subjects. Perhaps the lizard people have got a lot of its regular posters?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Is this normal in all walks of life?

My experience is no, but I may have been living in a self constructed closet.

What is it about Westminster that seems to attract these self serving thrill seekers and risk takers that somehow get a kick out of flying close to the wind knowing they could lose it all.

They can get away with it ?

HOLA4413

As I asked above - how is May there? V difficult to imagine that she has skeletons in the cupboard I would think. she sacked gidiot immediately and is questioning nearly all his decisions. All that walking in the hills might not be good for her?

HOLA4414

What is it about Westminster that seems to attract these self serving thrill seekers and risk takers that somehow get a kick out of flying close to the wind knowing they could lose it all.

They say parliment is the best club in the world.

Away from wife, expense account, lots of young people floating around...

HOLA4415

As I asked above - how is May there? V difficult to imagine that she has skeletons in the cupboard I would think. she sacked gidiot immediately and is questioning nearly all his decisions. All that walking in the hills might not be good for her?

Sorry, on face value I have no idea how May is there if I believe my own tenet. Cynical hat removed, I am perhaps naively encouraged by what I think has been a small revolution. I think the Conservatives have been managing themselves very well; they maintained power by being orderly and then, politely, got rid of Cameron and Osbourne at the first opportunity.

HOLA4416

Youre over thinking stuff.

Alldgiances form and fall, all rolls on, no direction.

Wax and wane.

HOLA4417

From what I can see May's only vice is an overindulgence in shoes.

HOLA4418

Sorry, on face value I have no idea how May is there. Cynical hat removed, I am perhaps naively encouraged by what I think has been a small revolution.

Me too- I think she actually might, just might, care about the average citizen. I find it very ironic that her opposition obsessed about her being childless. My main personal problem with thatcher was her ridiculous corruption wrt her kids. Who knows but Brexit might just possibly have one or two positive outcomes

HOLA4419

I see what you did there.

HOLA4420

Narcissism results in people thinking they are superior in every way than other people. They believe they are better. In the case of MPs and celebs it often also involves them thinking that they are above the law - that the rules which apply to the masses do not apply to them.

HOLA4421

Narcissism results in people thinking they are superior in every way than other people. They believe they are better. In the case of MPs and celebs it often also involves them thinking that they are above the law - that the rules which apply to the masses do not apply to them.

That they are too important to worry about the little people. I have encountered it and when I got involved with saying they were not it got very very nasty very quickly. I have actually known a few genuine geniuses (two Nobel laureates) in my career and the hassle they get from narcissistic nutters I don't envy any aspect of it.

HOLA4422

Me too- I think she actually might, just might, care about the average citizen. I find it very ironic that her opposition obsessed about her being childless. My main personal problem with thatcher was her ridiculous corruption wrt her kids. Who knows but Brexit might just possibly have one or two positive outcomes

I have a feeling that May's Brexit means Brexit is an outcome of her long time as home secretary and what may have crossed her desk, unfortunately. I like to think that she was a loyal remainer, but a closet brexiter, she didn't campaign vocally for remain.

And if you don't have children, you can care about all children, and not just be preoccupied by what's best for your own.

HOLA4423

That they are too important to worry about the little people. I have encountered it and when I got involved with saying they were not it got very very nasty very quickly. I have actually known a few genuine geniuses (two Nobel laureates) in my career and the hassle they get from narcissistic nutters I don't envy any aspect of it.

Geniuses can have a very tough time. In Academia, and in the wrong place where geniuses are few and far between, it can mean removal of facilities or resources to undermine their progress. Quite simply, the genius is perceived as too much a threat to careerists; of course a genius is rarely a threat to 'careerists' as a genius is fundamentally, disinterested in a career 'climbing the greasy pole' as they have better things to do. Unfortunately, the lack of interest by geniuses in management means they get knobs as managers.

HOLA4424

Geniuses can have a very tough time. In Academia, and in the wrong place where geniuses are few and far between, it can mean removal of facilities or resources to undermine their progress. Quite simply the genius is perceived as too much of a threat by careerists, of course a genius is rarely a threat to 'careerists' as they're fundamentally, disinterested in a career 'climbing the greasy pole'.

Exactly - that is my experience. An honest Person (as I strive to be) accepts the genius of others. As Oscar Wilde said "talent recognised genius, mediocrity only recognises itself".

Personally I am worn out by narcissists and I am increasingly looking forward to retirement (I'm only 51!)

HOLA4425

Archived