House Price Crash Forum

Eastern Europeans In Brexitland

spyguy

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07sy81f

Stupid prog.

The EU has a population of ~500m.

EE make up ~150m.

Why not French in Brexitland, Germans? Dutch?

Of the EU nations, I know the usual handful - few French mums, some Spanish and Portuguese nurses.

Equally, they know a few other nationalities in their home towns.

Most have moved to UK due to relationships, work - hospital is full of Spanish + Portuguese nurses, with a smattering of Italian and German.

I walked up the a secondary drag of a town - not a major one, not much in way of employment.

50% of the people I passed were various EE families with kids.

Equally, I walked under a coverered section. There was a huddle of 6 alcitramps - all were EE.

HOLA442

Northampton town centre (NN1) is flooded with EEs with considerable numbers in immediate suburbs.

Go back 12 years+ and the demographics would be vastly different.

There are several issues that arise:-

• there's such a concentration of EEs in particular areas, that these areas have ironically lost their ethnic diversity (it's also ironic that Leavers were painted as "racist" when 99% of EU immigrants are white and come from countries that are more overtly racist to non-whites)
  • such a sharp change in demographics means that the current population in the central districts and surrounding suburbs are largely transient - who knows how the (bankrupt) council can plan ahead? Will large numbers of immigrants remain in Northampton? Will more come? Will they leave? Impossible to plan
  • the town has lost its character. Not the fault of immigrants, it's just what happens to any place that's suffered a massive and abrupt change in demographics.
  • services cannot cope well - my kids went to a school that was previously an office block. The playground is no bigger than a 4-bedder garden (traditional 4-bed garden space mind you). 30%+ of the kids were offspring of EEs.
  • wages are rubbish in Northampton, house prices high. Uncontrolled immigration inflames underlying problems with wage/house price ratios because it's helped suppress wages, while helping accelerate the BTL/rental market there. "Just rent it out innit, tons of immigrants here".

Have the BBC ever done a program on the problems mass and uncontrolled immigration has caused particular towns?

HOLA443

There's been a huge surge in the last 2 years.

Took daughter to park on last day of summer hols.

~70% of kids were EE.

The young skilled workers of 2004 have been overwhelmed by families on benefits.

UKGOV really needs to stop all inwork and HB for EUers ASAP.

As I explained my Portuguese nurse contact, You will not be affected.

You work + support yourself.

HOLA444

BBC and Guardian journalists live in their own super rich gettos

They don't work with EE

Their wages aren't compressed by EE

They don't live next to EE

Their kids don't play with EE (they attend ballet classes instead with other Sebastians)

So it's not a surprise that they don't think that EE immigration is a problem. They don't use state schools or the NHS

HOLA445
HOLA446

BBC and Guardian journalists live in their own super rich gettos

They don't work with EE

Their wages aren't compressed by EE

They don't live next to EE

Their kids don't play with EE (they attend ballet classes instead with other Sebastians)

So it's not a surprise that they don't think that EE immigration is a problem. They don't use state schools or the NHS

It seems they enjoy buggering them though.

HOLA447
HOLA448

I'm not sure I have any dislike of these East Europeans. :blink: Apart from the language, they are hardly different enough to notice.

I dislike the numbers - not the individuals. Same for Brits that have taken over once sleepy wee Spanish villages.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I dislike the numbers - not the individuals. Same for Brits that have taken over once sleepy wee Spanish villages.

I guess I accept that argument. Nobody likes to feel minoritised (if that's a word) where they grew up. Therefore the numbers are important, and the distribution.

And as for Spain, I've only been there a couple of times, and I would hate to live in a world of exiled Brits out there.

Obviously I didn't look British, because people at the airport spoke to me in Spanish, as I didn't have a tattood neck, and wasn't drunk or fighting, wearing a knotted hankie on my head.

HOLA4411

I guess I accept that argument. Nobody likes to feel minoritised (if that's a word) where they grew up. Therefore the numbers are important, and the distribution.

And as for Spain, I've only been there a couple of times, and I would hate to live in a world of exiled Brits out there.

Obviously I didn't look British, because people at the airport spoke to me in Spanish, as I didn't have a tattood neck, and wasn't drunk or fighting, wearing a knotted hankie on my head.

Just got back from the Costa del Sol (yestreday) not as British as it was - Loads of Russians/ EE now (spoke to some, obviously well off Russians)

I guess the slide in the pound and Brexit might cause quite a lot to come back to the U.K. Making this even more noticeable.

HOLA4412

Just got back from the Costa del Sol (yestreday) not as British as it was - Loads of Russians/ EE now (spoke to some, obviously well off Russians)

I guess the slide in the pound and Brexit might cause quite a lot to come back to the U.K. Making this even more noticeable.

I was in Madrid, which not many Brits go to! So, I suppose without the pith helmet with a union jack on it, I could pass for Spanish

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Its the numbers.

Really noticing it now.

When it wss young single people working you barely noticed.

Now its whole family groups on benefits and HB.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Its the numbers.

Really noticing it now.

When it wss young single people working you barely noticed.

Now its whole family groups on benefits and HB.

Yep. I feel like an imposter now in my own town. Quite sad really.

• 1 month later...
HOLA4418

Sure it's 'just the numbers' ?

One of the biggest tabloid stories in September was of the alleged 'race hate' crime against the Polish guy in Harlow, supposedly killed for speaking Polish. The Polish FM went to remonstrate with Boris Johnson. On September 14, Warsaw sent 2 Polish police officers to patrol the 'cauldron of racial unrest' that is Harlow. In a Union address, Claude Juncker told Europeans that attacks on Poles in the UK were unacceptable, in a state of the Union address.

By contrast, the following story got very little coverage outside Warsaw.

University professor beaten up on Warsaw tram for speaking German

09.09.2016 14:56 

A history professor from the University of Warsaw has been beaten up on a tram in the Polish capital after he was heard speaking German to a colleague. 

The issue was first brought to light by a student of Kochanowski’s who wrote about the assault on social media.

“An incident yesterday on the no. 22 tram – which I commute on every day – saw... Professor Jerzy Kochanowski being beaten up because he, along with his professor friend from the University of Jena, spoke German,” the student wrote.

“One of the other passengers didn’t like this. In response to [the professor’s] question ‘Why should I not speak German?’, the other passenger stood up and hit him,” the post on social media read.

I can tell you that Juncker has had nothing to say on this issue and no German police have been sent to patrol Warsaw, where anti migrant protests are frequent. A couple of months ago, tens of thousands demonstrated against migrants, , with Poland for the Polish banners and even burning EU flags. 

And here's the funny part. 35% of the Polish population live in other people's countries. Migrants in Poland, are less than 0.2%. I've yet to see anyone with a darker skin than a Spaniard in Warsaw. 

Next door, in Hungary, the Government has spent 4bn on barbed wire to seal the borders. The state spends millions on anti-immigrant propaganda. Never mind about islam and terrorism, these people spread pestilence according to Government handouts. Even indigenous Roma are being increasingly marginalised. 

So, what do you think? Is this nationalism, mono-culturalism or racism?

HOLA4419

Poland is massively racist. That's not to say they're all at it - but its certainly not rare or hidden in any great manner.

It makes the UK appear like a left wing SJW Utopia.

Which makes it laughable when they start to complain about not feeling "welcomed anymore" in the UK following the Brexit vote.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Well, the funny part, part 2.

The working population of Poland is declining. With the recent upturn in the economy, the Government has also seen fit to raise benefits and lower the retirement age. This will see a further decline in the workforce.

Along with its chums in the Visegrad 4, however, Poland has totally rejected any EU plan to accept refugees. The plan is to import (slave) labour from Ukraine. These people are both white and non-muslim. And of course, the west of Ukraine was Poland anyway until 1946.

HOLA4424
36 minutes ago, ccc said:

And today they are apparently happy that 35% of their present population has ******ed off abroad ?

By the way, exporting unemployment for a number of years has been quite good news for Poland and the revenues received from Poles sending money home are not small.

HOLA4425

Exporting unemployment - I like that phrase !!

I shall use it more often. Short and spells it out clearly.

So what is the UK doing - importing unemployment ?

Archived