House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nosler

Annoying Colleagues

I work with this guy and he is the most inconsiderate person I’ve ever worked with. He continually makes noise! He starts the day off by coming into the room and doing a big belch. He then sits at his desk and gives me a running commentary of what he’s thinking. He then starts grunting as if he’s having a d@*p. To mix it up a little bit he also likes whistling and drumming his fingers. Worst of all is his squeaky chair! It’s not just a little squeaky, he was on the phone this week and the person he was talking to remarked on it.

The noise is just non stop. Literally at least every 30 seconds he makes noise.

He’s my line manager so I can’t really say much.

Anyone else got any tales of woe about colleagues?

Anyone else got any tales of woe about colleagues?

Have I mentioned the c-nut on the allotment?

He saws, hammers, screws (FFS his drill is on hammer), saws, chops, hammers, screws, all day long. He constantly rearranges his plot. He doesn't touch the soil apart from using very noisy tillers for hours on end until he's reduced it to a fine dust.

Have I mentioned the c-nut on the allotment?

He saws, hammers, screws (FFS his drill is on hammer), saws, chops, hammers, screws, all day long. He constantly rearranges his plot. He doesn't touch the soil apart from using very noisy tillers for hours on end until he's reduced it to a fine dust.

I vaguely seem to recall you possibly mentioning it in the past.

Your friends are no different to your enemies - they all have their faults. It is just that with your friends, you accept them.

They usually have to do something nasty to go from being a friend to an enemy.

Yes, of course all my work colleauges are annoying, but I, of course, am not! :blink:

The worst was one from my first job. Didn't really do anything but he sounded posh.

Sat behind me. Constantly fidgeting, never sat still, constantly clearing his throat. Worst of all was the incessent scratting of his head. His chair and desk covered in dead skin...

I remember - just- when smoking was still allowed in the office. This was mid 90s.

Younger people are amazed when i say people used to smoke at their desks.

I remember - just- when smoking was still allowed in the office. This was mid 90s.

Younger people are amazed when i say people used to smoke at their desks.

I used to get through 20 Capstan Full Strength a day, at my desk, when I was 16! This was mid 60s.

The guy's in my first job as a cutter in a clothes factory insisted that I go frequently to the toilet. My instructions were to sit and read the paper for fiftten minutes min. Now this was the Sun if it had been the Guardian...

I used to get through 20 Capstan Full Strength a day, at my desk, when I was 16! This was mid 60s.

Big up to the man. Those thing blow your head off! :blink: I'll bet you can't get them any more. Yes it was quite regular to as whether you required an ash tray on your desk. :unsure:

I forgot to add, the guy frequently announces to the room "I'm going to the toilet".

He's in his fifties ffs!

Yes, it's something I would rather not know. :blink: Like the saleman who insists on having a chat at the urinal!

My staple diet as a 14 year old was making a fag from the tab ends of my grandad's Capstan Full Strengh or Woodbines.

Forget the dope.

Houston we have lift off!

Big up to the man. Those thing blow your head off! :blink: I'll bet you can't get them any more. Yes it was quite regular to as whether you required an ash tray on your desk. :unsure:

They were an acquired taste with the side benefit that most people would decline the offer of one, perhaps not the first time but certainly the second :lol:. Remember the Russian engineer in Hunt for Red October?

There were 2 left whod smoke at their desks. There wer a few other smokers but they refused to smoke inside.

When i left the inside smokers were forced to go into the broom cupboard.

The guy's in my first job as a cutter in a clothes factory insisted that I go frequently to the toilet. My instructions were to sit and read the paper for fiftten minutes min. Now this was the Sun if it had been the Guardian...

I think the prefects at Eton operate a similar seat-warming system with their fags

They were an acquired taste with the side benefit that most people would decline the offer of one, perhaps not the first time but certainly the second :lol:. Remember the Russian engineer in Hunt for Red October?

I used to like Gitanes. There was a special smoking shop in Southampton.

We used to smoke Sobranie Black Russian at school.

http://www.smoke-king.co.uk/acatalog/Sobranie-Black-Russian-Cigarettes-Pack-of-20-2096.html

Never heard of them! I'm sure the one-upmanship of posh fags should really be on monochrome films of the 40s/50s. :blink: