House Price Crash Forum

Co-Leaders - The Greens Are On Their Own Planet. Wish They Were

The Masked Tulip

HOLA441
HOLA442

Some nonsense on Sky News about the new Green Party leader - they have voted for Co-Leaders.

Joke party that gets far more press on the likes of Sky and BBC than other parties who get more votes at elections.

Went to a meeting where there someone there who ended up ensuring we all 'chaired' the meeting. Didn't go again.

HOLA443
HOLA444

I drove a mate of mine to his local green party meeting, as he was late. I had to park round the corner, so nobody saw the Volvo. Then he put on bicycle clips, to look the part. :blink:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

They have just guaranteed their continued irrelevance for a further decade.

They're more of a pressure group than a party as many green (as opposed to Green) policies have already been enacted.

Yes indeed Frank. I believe the environment to be a success, rather than impending doom. :blink: The Thames is safe to swim in now.

London is still filthy, but not as filthy as it was.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

They are not too happy about our closed borders either, they want unlimited immigration and a fair share from the third world. Not sure how turning 65 million first world consumers in the UK into 150 million first world consumers is going to save the planet.

But hey I guess we have a responsibility to share the legacy our ancestors have built up over the past few centuries with the whole world.

Hope they realise that it will turn 200 million refugees into 2 billion if the door is open.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I normally vote Green but I don't think I would if they actually had any chance of getting into power. Some of their policies are good but a lot of them are pretty crazy. My reason for voting Green is to remind the party that do win that people do still care about the environment despite it not being the 90s any more.

HOLA4416

They're like a think tank.

Unelectable bunch of tree huggers but they come up with some good ideas.

Due to the voting system for the Scottish Parliament, which has an element of proportional representation, the Scottish Greens now have 6 MSPs out of 129. That seems pretty reasonable: they've got a bit of influence, but they're very unlikely to ever be in charge. With luck, they might be able to prod the major parties a bit.

Archived