House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badger

London Council Leads Exodus To Highlands

400 council workers have been told they are to relocate to Dingwall, near Inverness or face redundancy. The workers provide parking, library, waste management and community protection services for Westminster CC.

Michael Macmillan, councillor for Dingwall North says among other things "there is one four bedroom bungalow I know of for £150,000. If I were them, I would see it as an opportunity" :lol::lol::o:blink::(

400 council workers have been told they are to relocate to Dingwall, near Inverness or face redundancy. The workers provide parking, library, waste management and community protection services for Westminster CC.

Michael Macmillan, councillor for Dingwall North says among other things "there is one four bedroom bungalow I know of for £150,000. If I were them, I would see it as an opportunity" :lol::lol::o:blink::(

Dame Shirley would be proud. I reckon all of these workers should squat one of the 10% of Chelsea dwelling that are empty myself.

Oops sorry: micheal already lives there!

Edited by Elizabeth

This came up before and a new thread has just been posted, but what gets me is, How do you outsource a librarian in a London library to scotland?

This came up before and a new thread has just been posted, but what gets me is, How do you outsource a librarian in a London library to scotland?

Because you can pointlessly shuffle paper whether it be in London, Scotland or seemingly Calcutta. Clearly these posts aren't "forward facing" nor very important.

They once ran Scotland from London, there's nothing to say it cannot work in reverse.

Reading between the lines, this is probably a tactic to get rid of many of the staff, thus easing the redundancy process. I would expect that very few of them would take up the relocation.

I work in the IT business and I expect my company to attempt to relocate me to Bangalore at some point. I certainly won't be taking the offer up.