House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eurows

Fiona's Column In Daily Mirror

Just been for a breakfast at Tesco. The works for £2.69. How do they do it?

Anyway, I was reading Fiona's column (wouldn't normally read that tat, but it was free), a guy went into Lloydstsb and they asked him if he wanted a financial health check. They then sorted him out with a platinum credit card and now he is £30,000 in debt and 20 credit cards.

So having a health Check with Lloydstsb is akin to going to see Hanibal Lector with a kidney complaint.

:lol:

I have to agree, I am constantly get offers of credit cards through and I don't even have a job, one I have from years ago keeps having the limit increased even though it hasn't been used in three years.

i was a customer of NTL for phone ect. all they did was send 1 monthly bill + endless mailshots every other day for capital one credit cards etc. all the bleeding time. until i complained. they still came, so now im with BT,who i hope wont fill my letterbox with junk mail.

all i wanted from NTL was a telephone service, not a credit reference agency.

whats with this current obsession for credit.?

Anyway, I was reading Fiona's column (wouldn't normally read that tat, but it was free), a guy went into Lloydstsb and they asked him if he wanted a financial health check. They then sorted him out with a platinum credit card and now he is £30,000 in debt and 20 credit cards.

So having a health Check with Lloydstsb is akin to going to see Hanibal Lector with a kidney complaint.

I went into the local LloydsTSB last Saturday to open a savings account. After waiting in the queue I finally got to speak to someone. They tried to flog me a loan, but wouldn't let me invest my hard earned money with them unless I transferred my current account or took additional 'products'. I know when I'm not wanted...

And you shoud see Lloyds TSB's their latest 'confidential' targets for lending - secured and unsecured - they're pushing all out for massive growth - horrific!

Lenders are addicted to commissions to boost their bottom line. Loans are their best source of income and they must push credit to survive. This is how the bubble grows--it feeds on itself until it is gourged and then it pops. Just like that.

Lenders are addicted to commissions to boost their bottom line. Loans are their best source of income and they must push credit to survive. This is how the bubble grows--it feeds on itself until it is gourged and then it pops. Just like that.

Nope. Lenders are addicted to PPI, which they rarely pay out on.

I was a young un.. many years ago..

I went for a meeting with my bank manager..

I was 20, I was not getting out of that room until I had a credit card.. that was the only reason I was in there.

there was no other.

Its what they do.

i wish it would pop soon.

the longer it goes on without popping the worse its going to be.

I can't see much sign of credit tightening yet.

Just take out a Loan from Lloydstsb finance for 4million,

Then leave the country, Lord Lucan style! :lol:

Seriously, what do you think is the biggest loan you could get? Unsecured. Anyone.

If you want to get a good idea of who banks actually want as customers then trying opening an account for a child.

When I was a kid banks were desperate for children to open bank accounts and start saving. Who remembers the collection of money boxes they used to give away when you reached £5, £10 etc?

I tried to open an account for my son (under 16 and not eligible for credit etc) 2 years ago. Virtually impossible.

After finally opening an account the stuff that was promised e.g debit card etc still hadn't arrived six months later. When I phone the bank to ask where it was I was told I they couldn't discuss it with me because it wasn't my account.

I explained I had recently had a debit card stolen in the post (and they had used £500) and all I wanted to know is if the account had been opened and was it active...I was concerned that my son's card could also have been stolen and the account being used for illegal activities.

Sorry, they said "he will have to come in and discuss it with us". "He can't", said I "he has special needs and won't talk to strangers and he doesn't understand all this stuff"..."sorry...not our problem" they said.

So I asked them straight "are you telling me that my son's card could be being used without my knowledge and there is nothing you can do to check"....apparently so!!!!

In the end I phone the regional manager and complained. Apparently they had forgotten to process the account and it had never been opened. The card debit card eventually arrived six months after opening the account but the other stuff e.g electron card and little gifts have still not arrived.

Perhaps I should have told them he was a 16 year old debt junky with a liking for expensive electronic equipment and a compulsion to sign credit agreements......they may have been a little quicker in opening the account.

If you want to get a good idea of who banks actually want as customers then trying opening an account for a child.

When I was a kid banks were desperate for children to open bank accounts and start saving. Who remembers the collection of money boxes they used to give away when you reached £5, £10 etc?

I tried to open an account for my son (under 16 and not eligible for credit etc) 2 years ago. Virtually impossible.

After finally opening an account the stuff that was promised e.g debit card etc still hadn't arrived six months later. When I phone the bank to ask where it was I was told I they couldn't discuss it with me because it wasn't my account.

I explained I had recently had a debit card stolen in the post (and they had used £500) and all I wanted to know is if the account had been opened and was it active...I was concerned that my son's card could also have been stolen and the account being used for illegal activities.

Sorry, they said "he will have to come in and discuss it with us". "He can't", said I "he has special needs and won't talk to strangers and he doesn't understand all this stuff"..."sorry...not our problem" they said.

So I asked them straight "are you telling me that my son's card could be being used without my knowledge and there is nothing you can do to check"....apparently so!!!!

In the end I phone the regional manager and complained. Apparently they had forgotten to process the account and it had never been opened. The card debit card eventually arrived six months after opening the account but the other stuff e.g electron card and little gifts have still not arrived.

Perhaps I should have told them he was a 16 year old debt junky with a liking for expensive electronic equipment and a compulsion to sign credit agreements......they may have been a little quicker in opening the account.

that is terrible! This is definitely a story your MP would like and deal with easily and quickly. tut tut.

that is terrible! This is definitely a story your MP would like and deal with easily and quickly. tut tut.

There's also a story in the Saturday Guardian (Money section, Capital Letters). It's a letter from a father who has legal authorisation to keep in order the finances of his a paranoid schizophrenic son, who lives in sheltered accommodation and has no income other than benefits. He writes to say that to his horror he discovered that his son has been given a Debenhams store card. He had an overdraft limit of £1,650 and had spent £1,118, which he was paying back at 29.9%.

Seriously, what do you think is the biggest loan you could get? Unsecured. Anyone.

The largest single unsecured loan you can get from them is £25k. Not sure hwo many loans you can take out though!