House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce Banner

Sack The Junior Doctors.....

I see they are back to announcing another raft of strikes throughout October this time.

What are they hoping to achieve?

There was a compromise and the deal was a better one.

They have chosen to go back to industrial action and start yelling "Patient Safety" again.

Hopefully the public will turn on them, they have to accept that the game is up and they are not going to live the same life as the current crop of Consultants that they aspire to be like.

No more mon-fri 10am - 3pm.

Thankfully Theresa May left Jeremy Hunt in place in the cabinet reshuffle, he is best placed to deal with this.

ban external agency work in the nhs.

get an inhouse agency to manage staff.

which will of course mean giving a bit more pay to those who work evenings and weekend.

and a bit less to those who work normal hours.

^ Another side point. The NHS definitely has safer levels of staffing than much of the private sector...anecdotally.

Maybe shouting 'Patient Safety' isn't such a bad thing. I wouldn't want my local A&E run by Serco.

P

Is SERCO a good example of a well run private company?

ban external agency work in the nhs.

get an inhouse agency to manage staff.

which will of course mean giving a bit more pay to those who work evenings and weekend.

and a bit less to those who work normal hours.

they have one already. NHS Bank. Im a member...even though I left the service in January...they keep sending fliers about work available for me.

they have one already. NHS Bank. Im a member...even though I left the service in January...they keep sending fliers about work available for me.

Improve the processes, sack the idiots.

NHS is a massive make work scheme

Privatise the NHS....

No. Do not - under ANY circumstances whatsoever - privatise the NHS.

Feed it plenty of money and make it thrive.

The NHS is the gold-standard example of the most civilised thing that the government of any country on this planet has ever offered it's citizens ever in the history of mankind - bar none.

F*ck the Olympic medals - this country is the galactic champion of free healthcare. And any person who wishes to change that is an enemy of the British people.

By all means come up with ideas to make it more efficient - but understand that the NHS is a part of the psyche of the UK, and can not be abolished without changing the face of this country for ever.

If you try to do that, then you are my enemy.

XYY

Haven't we done this one already?

I always wonder how much of the overtime that medical professionals complain of is mandatory...or under duress. Compared to how much is picked up because overtime is paid well.. and then complained about.

Paid overtime is compulsory and we don't chose the hours we work. Unpaid overtime is like any other job's unpaid overtime, with the added incentive that patients may suffer if the work's not done.

The more you feed it, the more it will waste!

Personally I'd publish all the staff salaries and capital expenditure. Let the taxpayer see where their money goes. Most won't be interested, some will think it's terrible value, some will think it's OK and a few might even think it's good. At least we could have an informed discussion.

Personally I'd publish all the staff salaries and capital expenditure. Let the taxpayer see where their money goes. Most won't be interested, some will think it's terrible value, some will think it's OK and a few might even think it's good. At least we could have an informed discussion.

Good idea.

By the way, the thread title could just as well have been "Raise interest rates....". It's just a tongue in cheek rant about the things that annoy me.

Low interest rates

Money printing

Junior doctors being annoying

Saint NHS

Mark Carney

etc etc etc

So is it this that screws over the tax payer paying consultants huge sums for work they should do as part of being part of the NHS?

I think it's pretty well known that senior management and the 'business culture' bods at the NHS are the rotten apple.

Like any big company that pulls in the Accenture boys to tell everybody what they already know.

P

Talking to a consultant who was quite animated how the management drones had taken over under the auspicies of equality. He no longer had the power to decide who would be employed as junior staff and it was all done against criteria by office, rather than professional staff. Was concerned about how this impacted on quality

Just spoke to a colleague today who works in a senior scientific NHS role alongside mainly consultants. He was saying that the consultants have lost interest, in the majority, in doing research work. Ten years ago most wanted to do research (for reputation, advancement,academic profile etc.)

Apparently the money is just too good - why get all stressed with deadlines and out of hours working on a research investigation when its that much money for shift work. He said, most have "traded more income for loss of variety in their job role"