House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evictee

Latest Prices Paid Data

The latest Land Registry prices paid release is now included at houseprices.io if anyone's interested, including all sales registered up to the end of July, i.e. the first full month's worth since the Brexit vote, although it will be a few months yet before most of July sales are registered.

I can't see any obvious sign of a significant change in volumes or prices so far.

From a very quick glance

Address: 42 Harrison Terrace,
Darlington, DL3 6QH
Type: Terrace Tenure: Freehold New build: No Links: map.png Price map wikipedia.png (Darlington) Transaction type: Standard price paid transaction Registered sales:
Date Price Nominal change Real change
26 Jul 2016 £52,000 -35.0% -52.1%
22 Dec 2005 £79,995 154.0% 125.3%
08 Dec 2000 £31,500 n/a n/a

All I can say is ouch...

A chap at work has just moved down from Scotland. He is contemplating the madness of a quarter of million pound terraced house in a not so crappy area! :wacko:

Am expecting some on my road but nothing has shown up yet. Can't wait to see what the BTL have paid. :)

I thought BTL purchases don't show up in the LR sold prices data?

Or am I talking rubbish?

I thought BTL purchases don't show up in the LR sold prices data?

Or am I talking rubbish?

No, they didn't used to be, but as of last year they were added, with records going back to October 2013, along with repossessions and corporate purchases. All these previously excluded types are categorised by the Land Registry as "Additional price paid translations", and they're shown with yellow highlighting on houseprices.io.

Thanks for that Evictee and thanks for the good work with houseprices.io... I always recommend it to anyone looking for sold prices data.

Thanks for the work you do interpreting and presenting this data - it's both interesting and useful.

PS. Why's this on OT (the last refuge of scoundrels, the marginalised, and the desperate) rather than the main board (for serious thinkers and the mainstream contrarians)?

PS. Why's this on OT (the last refuge of scoundrels, the marginalised, and the desperate) rather than the main board (for serious thinkers and the mainstream contrarians)?

I was worried the scoundrels were missing out.