House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pagaman

Stock Markets

Guest muttley

Corrections (down 10% from peak to trough) are not uncommon in the stock market,and just part of the process.

2% down in one day is a lot,but it might recover on Monday.We are overdue a correction though.

Corrections (down 10% from peak to trough) are not uncommon in the stock market,and just part of the process.

2% down in one day is a lot,but it might recover on Monday.We are overdue a correction though.

There's a lot of predictions in the US blogsphere that there will be a strong recovery on Monday, with the acronym PPT figuring prominently.

Especially as the Nikkei sell off was overdone! There is a lot of money headed into the markets following the decline in investor interest in houses (especially BTL). The US real estate market peaked last year so there is no more quick money to be made and the cash has to go somewhere. My best is that the Nikkei will rise the most in 2006 but I am not going to invest too much in that direction as anything can trigger a crash these days.

Edited by Realistbear

I would say stockmarkets are looking nervous.

the dow and nasdaq drops of late were caused by the likes of intel failing to meet(overly optimistic) analysts forecasts.

a little reality check is in order......when the estimates are on the conservative side and the chance of beating them is higher then I will be a buyer.

japan I think will most likely have a small gain this year,but the majority of the boost will be from currency conversion,if yen strengthens to the 105 ish mark that's another 10% gain

I like measures like the VIX(volatility) index.when they are low and there is little in the way of volatility it usually indicates complacency,and a bout of the jitters is just around the corner.

Edited by oracle