House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

workingpoor

Gene Wilder

See No Evil, Hear No Evil; One of the the first movie I recall ever watching from childhood with Gene Wilder / Richard Pryor - brilliant pair of actors. The movie is still is one of my favourite movies even today.

Also Silver Streak, the shoe polish scene / trying to pass for black - that scene always has me in stitches.

https://youtu.be/e526IbNlQ98?t=106

RIP Gene Wilder.

Willy Wonka? The Producers (1967) has to be one of my favourite films. It could not be bettered as was proven by a rottten remake!

Wilder not in this , but this is the classic scene from Blazing Saddles (the movie that features Wilder's 'Waco Kid' character). I'm surprised YT are allowed to show this to PC UK (despite the fact the joke is clearly on the small minded townsfolk).

I first saw this scene when I was about 9 and thought it was just about the funniest thing I'd ever seen.

Still enjoy it today. Sad to hear of Gene Wilder's passing, he seemed like a a nice person.

I thought the statement from his family was very touching; particularly his reasons for keeping his Alzheimers diagnosis private:

http://www.justjared.com/2016/08/29/gene-wilders-family-releases-statement-explains-why-alzheimers-diagnosis-was-kept-secret/

He seemed to be, like Gary Shandling, someone who was very grounded. He seemed to see through the shallowness of fame and celebrity. He also appears to have decided that he had made enough money and then retreated from the showbiz world.

He also came across as emotionally intelligent, considered the questions asked of him, let alone his answers, thoughtfully and seemed to be looking at his celebrity status through a bemused smile.

I love the scene in 'Stir Crazy' when Wilder's character, having been made to work hard all day by the warden, returns to his cell and is in such agony that he starts saying "Oh shee!" repeatedly whilst pretending that he is fine.

He seemed to be, like Gary Shandling, someone who was very grounded. He seemed to see through the shallowness of fame and celebrity. He also appears to have decided that he had made enough money and then retreated from the showbiz world.

He also came across as emotionally intelligent, considered the questions asked of him, let alone his answers, thoughtfully and seemed to be looking at his celebrity status through a bemused smile.

Overnight a writer was on the radio talking about the making of 'Blazing Saddles'. He said that another actor was originally cast in Wilder's part but they had to get rid of him.

Brooks was faced with the film being canned so he rang Gene Wilder, explained that he was in a tight spot and Wilder simply got on a plane, flew out and began filming. No ego.

See No Evil, Hear No Evil; One of the the first movie I recall ever watching from childhood with Gene Wilder / Richard Pryor - brilliant pair of actors. The movie is still is one of my favourite movies even today.

Also Silver Streak, the shoe polish scene / trying to pass for black - that scene always has me in stitches.

https://youtu.be/e526IbNlQ98?t=106

RIP Gene Wilder.

the wilder/pryor double act was absolutely hilarious!

still remember stir crazy!