House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

Fictional 2016 Nuclear Attack Breaking News

Why not wear a hat, and not look at bright explosions?

It's an all too possible scenario. If it happens, I'm straight in the car to Ryde, right opposite the Naval Base, where I'm sure to be incinerated. I made up my mind at the age of 8 that I didn't want to survive a nuclear event. Anyway, all the mattresses and tinned food in the prod won't protect you.

We're doomed, doomed, I tell you...

When we clearing out my dads garage 2 years ago (after he died) we found boxes and boxes of Cold War documents about nuclear attack ( He was a scientist who got involved in home defence). We burned the lot as we had no idea what to do with it. Horrific stuff though, chances of survival virtually zero etc

Edited typos

There's a few of these on Youtube with people pranking family members etc. about an imminent nuclear attack. A bit like the lottery prank of old where you'd play last weeks lottery results to Grandpa holding the ticket you bought him.

This stuff kept me seriously scared when I was a nipper. These days I try and pretend it's all gone away.

This stuff kept me seriously scared when I was a nipper. These days I try and pretend it's all gone away.

I had managed very well to forget those days. However that BBC broadcast spoof has brought it all back.

Obviously a prank. Everyone knows that in the event of a nuclear strike they'd just put on the recording of Peter Donaldson telling us all to remain calm and then rush down to the secret bunker...

I clearly recall in the 80s he BBC announcement saying to lie in a hollow at the side of the road and cover yourself with a bin liner.

Or to take a door off the hinges and make a shelter out of it.

As a theoretical exercise every now and then I try to envisage what I would need, and in what numbers, to keep me alive and well provisioned for 5 years after a nuclear attack. Basically, it is the combined might of an Amazon warehouse, a Tesco warehouse, a B&Q warehouse, a power plant, a few petrol stations and a NHS hospital pharmacy in a suitably located underground bunker. Oh, and I would need some pron and some Xbox games.

It would be best not survive it.

I clearly recall in the 80s he BBC announcement saying to lie in a hollow at the side of the road and cover yourself with a bin liner.

Or to take a door off the hinges and make a shelter out of it.

As a theoretical exercise every now and then I try to envisage what I would need, and in what numbers, to keep me alive and well provisioned for 5 years after a nuclear attack. Basically, it is the combined might of an Amazon warehouse, a Tesco warehouse, a B&Q warehouse, a power plant, a few petrol stations and a NHS hospital pharmacy in a suitably located underground bunker. Oh, and I would need some pron and some Xbox games.

It would be best not survive it.

You are on the wrong forum tmt. Try the prepper ones, they will see you right

Assuming you survived the blast would you have to get in an airtight bunker and stay there for several months to survive? What are the risks of radiation sickness after 3 months in a bunker. Or does it depend on the size and type of warhead?

Assuming you survived the blast would you have to get in an airtight bunker and stay there for several months to survive? What are the risks of radiation sickness after 3 months in a bunker. Or does it depend on the size and type of warhead?

Near me is one of those early warning stations the Americans built in the 70s. Apparently there is a nuclear bunker underneath it for the personnel Don't think I can make it in the four minutes.

Near me is one of those early warning stations the Americans built in the 70s. Apparently there is a nuclear bunker underneath it for the personnel Don't think I can make it in the four minutes.

Four minutes is just time enough to kiss your **** goodbye.

Doubtful that the bunker would survive anyhow. The Russians go in for the biggest yield warheads possible. They do not mess around. It is the end of the world after all.