House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Calais Jungle - What Would You Do

Seems cause celebre on R4 at the mo - article on the Sunday prog about vicars and Rabbis going over to 'help'. Long article on todays Today.

I guess the French are operating a 'keep them all in once place and contain them' policy.

Better in Calais (shit1hole) than in Paris.

All this hand wringing ******. Lets just remember that the French are not dropping barrel bombs on them.

What would I do?

Joint effort+funding with the French. Id everyone - forced if necessary.

Explain anyone trying to smuggle themselves into the UK will be deported back to where they came from, no exception.

Start a time limit on applying for asylum. 3 months and you are not classed as an asylum seeker and deported.

Id also be cracking heads and using water cannons.

Since these fighting aged lads are so keen to be British, I would induct them into the army, and send them to the Middle East, to keep that British!

None of them are asylum seekers by definition. So there isn't even any point in them claiming it in the uk.

The problem is where to deport them to? How is it ascertained where that is as many don't have documentation (and if you thought you would be sent back, you could easily lose it if you did have it)? Would the original country want them back?

It would be better to make life so uncomfortable and also make it clear that there would be no asylum from there (are they not meant to seek asylum in the first country?) so as to dissuade them going to Calais in the first place.

I like mr pin's idea

None of them are asylum seekers by definition. So there isn't even any point in them claiming it in the uk.

I'm oppressed. I want to go to Scotland again for the fine weather.

I'm oppressed. I want to go to Scotland again for the fine weather.

The midges are a good experience too. You could keep them as pets, call them your family and then claim the right to a family life under you uman writes.

The midges are a good experience too. You could keep them as pets, call them your family and then claim the right to a family life under you uman writes.

What an idea. I woke up with a big ginger cow licking me once. I think I might take Mr CCC on for a drinking wager! :huh:

They are already in a safe country; if they haven't claimed for asylum then they are not genuine asylum seekers.

Spend a fortune on border controls and turn any here straight back round as the Swiss do with any getting over from Italy.

The French police should be arresting them and processing for not being legally allowed to be in France.

Problem solved.

Seems cause celebre on R4 at the mo - article on the Sunday prog about vicars and Rabbis going over to 'help'. Long article on todays Today.

I guess the French are operating a 'keep them all in once place and contain them' policy.

Better in Calais (shit1hole) than in Paris.

All this hand wringing ******. Lets just remember that the French are not dropping barrel bombs on them.

What would I do?

Joint effort+funding with the French. Id everyone - forced if necessary.

Explain anyone trying to smuggle themselves into the UK will be deported back to where they came from, no exception.

Start a time limit on applying for asylum. 3 months and you are not classed as an asylum seeker and deported.

Id also be cracking heads and using water cannons.

Ship them to Australia. Won't get off there in a dinghy.

May need to move the offspring of the previous convicts off first.

Teach them some rudimentary French, stick them on a few deserted ships, and set the satnav to Hartlepool..!

Job done...

XYY

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37211267

Calais chief wants new migrant border deal with UK

Migrants in Calais seeking asylum in the UK should be allowed to lodge their claim in France, the president of the region has told the BBC.

Xavier Bertrand said people living in the camp known as the Jungle should be able to apply at a "hotspot" in France rather than waiting to reach Britain.

UK officials currently check passports in France, stopping many from entering.

The Home Office said "those in need of protection should seek asylum in the first safe country they enter".

Mr Bertrand said under his plan anyone rejected by the UK would then be deported directly to their country of origin.

Why stop at France ? Why not allow migrants to claim asylum to the UK online from anywhere in the world ?

They are already in a safe country; if they haven't claimed for asylum then they are not genuine asylum seekers.

Spend a fortune on border controls and turn any here straight back round as the Swiss do with any getting over from Italy.

The French police should be arresting them and processing for not being legally allowed to be in France.

Problem solved.

The French know full well that these people are in the country illegally, but it's far easier to assist their passage to the UK (while pretending not to) rather than deport them through legal means.

Teach them some rudimentary French, stick them on a few deserted ships, and set the satnav to Hartlepool..!

Job done...XYY

And then you can hang them as French spy's. I like your thinking

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37211267

Why stop at France ? Why not allow migrants to claim asylum to the UK online from anywhere in the world ?

What the...

What's wrong with the French just applying the rule of law?

If anything hints at a bigger conspiracy it is this. Governments across Europe aren't applying the rule of law to immigrants. This must be agreed upon between governments.

There is clearly an agenda in the past 72 hours to now allow all 9,000 into the UK. The media this morning is very much portraying it as a matter of to.e and how awful we Brits are not to allow these wonderful people in.

BBC going heavily down the camp is full of children angle.

What the...

What's wrong with the French just applying the rule of law?

If anything hints at a bigger conspiracy it is this. Governments across Europe aren't applying the rule of law to immigrants. This must be agreed upon between governments.

Applying the law costs money, and you have to get down off your moral high horse and get your boots muddy. Far easier to mouth platitudes even if you're destroying the lives of normal people.

There is clearly an agenda in the past 72 hours to now allow all 9,000 into the UK. The media this morning is very much portraying it as a matter of to.e and how awful we Brits are not to allow these wonderful people in.

I think this is at least partly because Calais has come back into the news recently with Sarkozy wanting to shift the responsibility to the UK.

Telegraph: Nicolas Sarkozy demands border controls for thousands of migrants in Calais be shifted to Britain

Independent: Nicolas Sarkozy demands Calais Jungle refugee camp is moved to UK

The French Presidential elections are coming up soon, and there are votes to be had in cracking down on refugees/migrants. It's also an opportunity to strike back at the UK for leaving the EU...

Edit: ... and maybe he has a point. If Dover or somewhere was full of migrants trying to get to France, I can't imagine people it the UK would be too happy about it.

Calais mayor stating migrants should be able to apply for UK asylum. If ghe applications fails then they should be deported.

Ive no problems with this.

They apply. UK declines as they didnot apply in the first country and are not facing any danger in France. France then deports them.

I think this is at least partly because Calais has come back into the news recently with Sarkozy wanting to shift the responsibility to the UK.

Telegraph: Nicolas Sarkozy demands border controls for thousands of migrants in Calais be shifted to Britain

Independent: Nicolas Sarkozy demands Calais Jungle refugee camp is moved to UK

Then someone needs to give Sarkozy a big kick in the ****. It's not the UK's problem if France can't control its borders, I really, really hope he just gets told to p1ss off. Sadly our own idiots will probably go along with it all.

If they refuse to give their ID then you lock them up until they do, to the day they die if necessary.

At any time they can identify themselves and voluntary agree to be travel back home, lift given to airport and make sure they get on flight.

Concentration type camps run by the army would be a good deterrent. If they don't want to be in one then they identify themselves and go home or lodge an asylum application.

Might sound harsh but we (or the French rather) need to keep law and order.

(I'd pass a law to require all SJWs to register so that all asylum seekers can be housed next door to them)

If they refuse to give their ID then you lock them up until they do, to the day they die if necessary.

At any time they can identify themselves and voluntary agree to be travel back home, lift given to airport and make sure they get on flight.

Concentration type camps run by the army would be a good deterrent. If they don't want to be in one then they identify themselves and go home or lodge an asylum application.

Might sound harsh but we (or the French rather) need to keep law and order.

Yes. Simple application of the law.

If one person was living rough in the woods, causing trouble and was clearly foreign then the police would go to interview them and if they suspected that they were an illegal immigrant then they would detain them.

They're only not doing it because there isn't one of them. There are lots.