House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
New Darker Law

The City Where Families Can't Afford A Home

Front page of today's Evening Times (Glasgow daily tabloid)

Weblink here

There's a bit more detail in this related story.

In recent months this paper has had similar bearish articles on the front page. Perhaps the all important sentiment will turn on the back of more of these stories.

NDL

there's a lot of buy to let diddies pushing prices up.they don't care who stays in the flats as long as they

get their rent.we've had water coming through our ceiling 4 or 5 times since the flat above us was rented out to students.

we just got our 2nd new ceiling fitted to our bathroom today,wonder how long until we're flooded again?

:blink:

the "landlord" has changed his number again because we keep phoning him to complain.it amazes me

that anyone can just rent flats out,has it always been this way? did landlords not used to be regulated?

there's a lot of buy to let diddies pushing prices up.they don't care who stays in the flats as long as they

get their rent.we've had water coming through our ceiling 4 or 5 times since the flat above us was rented out to students.

we just got our 2nd new ceiling fitted to our bathroom today,wonder how long until we're flooded again?

:blink:

the "landlord" has changed his number again because we keep phoning him to complain.it amazes me

that anyone can just rent flats out,has it always been this way? did landlords not used to be regulated?

Yeah, whilst I'm not sure there has been the same level of BTL going on in Glasgow as there has been with our cousins down south, I still think it has been one of the biggest drivers of the market.

I sympathise with the flooding carry on. I friend of mine has a drunk living above her and he has flooded her flat three times now in about 5 years. she didn't bother the first time as she got a nice newly decorated place thanks to insurance. That novelty has now worn off with the subsequent occurances!

Ultimately sentiment will change with these BTL diddies as well and there should hopefully be a few bargains to be had.

NDL

Yeah, whilst I'm not sure there has been the same level of BTL going on in Glasgow as there has been with our cousins down south, I still think it has been one of the biggest drivers of the market.

I sympathise with the flooding carry on. I friend of mine has a drunk living above her and he has flooded her flat three times now in about 5 years. she didn't bother the first time as she got a nice newly decorated place thanks to insurance. That novelty has now worn off with the subsequent occurances!

Ultimately sentiment will change with these BTL diddies as well and there should hopefully be a few bargains to be had.

NDL

Help on the way:

http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/property/mai...7/ixptop12.html