House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Mods... Website Infected?

I keep getting malicious pop ups on the homepage!

Could be recommendation engines, making recommendations based on past site visits.

Have you visited any illicit sites, either intentionally or unintentionally?

(Christ I am sounding like Theresa May).

Could be recommendation engines, making recommendations based on past site visits.

I visited 118 and now keep getting BTL mortgage/opportunity ads.

Edited by Confusion of VIs

I visited 118 and now keep getting BTL mortgage/opportunity ads.

I keep getting those in my mailbox. Some bunch of spamming s**ts calling themselves "nethouseprices".

I suspect they got my email when I submitted an online enquiry of some kind through rightmove (before I fortified myself with per-commercial-entity addresses). Sadly I can't actually prove that RM shared my address in violation of the data protection act.

It's not Fubra - they have a different email address for me!

I got a nasty Android popup saying I had a virus and playing horrible noises. I've not seen anything on other sites. Could this be the ad network?

I got a nasty Android popup saying I had a virus and playing horrible noises. I've not seen anything on other sites. Could this be the ad network?

I had that recently too. Wasn't on this site, but following a link some member posted, so it could theoretically be some kind of infection altering external urlsources, but very subtle if so.

Needless to say, no website can tell you if your device has an infection or corruption, and anything that pops up telling you so when you click on a link should be ignored. Don't do what it says, close the window.

Yep that's what I got.

I had a weird pop-up on Android too, must have been a week ago. Only happened once, never again.

I've been getting popups on some sites for the last few weeks, but only when using mobile data. There is a theory going around that Vodaphone's DNS servers have been compromised in some way.

Like with farm animals and clowns and stuff? Possibly when drunk... :)

I've been getting popups on some sites for the last few weeks, but only when using mobile data. There is a theory going around that Vodaphone's DNS servers have been compromised in some way.

Interesting, it was mobile data and Vodafone for me.

One option is to try opera max which is a compressing VPN service that contains ad blockers. Should get around DNS issues (if that is what it is).

I use it and it compresses images, video and text quite a lot. Good for news sites, not so effective for traffic apps.